Printing to PDF is a widely available option these days, and it has become even easier thanks to OS support on most platforms and even on mobile devices. Making a PDF from a Word document or creating a combination of documents is quite simple. The same applies to the situation when you have scanned pages, and you need to combine JPG to PDF to share with someone else. This will be a bit easier if you are running Windows 10, because Microsoft has added this feature as a built-in feature to its latest operating system. You can also try third-party tools that can do the work on older versions of Windows. In addition to being a quick way to share a bunch of photos in a convenient format, this feature is crucial for combining scanned documents or slides into one document. By the way, the own Microsoft Office Lens application, which is available for free on Android and iOS, essentially turns your smartphone into a portable scanner that can scan documents, business cards, receipts, tablets, etc.
Ways to merge JPG files into PDF.
How to combine the built-in tools of Windows
The process that we go through is suitable for any compatible format, including scans, slides, etc. Before promotion, make sure that your photos (or other formats, for example, bmp) are named in the order in which you want them to merge correctly in the pdf file. If you are not working with scanning, you may have to rename some documents (adding 1, 2, 3, etc. to the beginning of the names seems to be the fastest way). You do not need to download any programs for batch renaming. Instead, you can check all that you want to change, right-click the first document in the list, check rename (or use the F2 key) and type a name. This will automatically change all others with the same root name with a suffix: (1), (2) and so on.
Assuming that the pages are in the correct order, you can select them all, right-click on the first one and select “Print” in the context menu for a request that will allow you to start combining JPG to PDF. With the default settings that we used (including “Fit picture to frame”), some photos lost quality, but for full-screen viewing the resolution remained sufficient, and this probably will not be a problem if you work with documents instead of images.
Combine multiple images into one PDF in Windows 8, 7 and under
If you try to run this process in Windows 8 or earlier without installing a third-party tool, Windows itself will provide the ability to save only as an XPS or OpenXPS document, not as a PDF. To convert correctly, you will have to use one of the programs available on the Internet.
Integration with third-party programs
JPEG is the most widely used. Today it is one of the most important forms of information for individuals about business projects. The term "JPEG format" refers to a lossy compression algorithm developed by the Joint Photographic Experts Group. This is an image format used for color, halftone and monochrome images. Disadvantages of using JPEG:
- No support for transparency;
- Not suitable for small images with text data;
- Re-editing or saving a JPEG image degrades its quality over time;
- May generate a larger size for small images;
- Images lose some data and quality due to compression.
The correct format eliminates the disadvantages of using JPEG, making it easier to reuse digital images. Here are some of the most popular programs that will help to combine several JPGs into one PDF.
The transition from JPG to PDF in Photoshop is extremely simple. First you have to start the program and then open the image:
- To do this, select “File” / “Open”. Then you can tag the photo;
- If your image is open in the program and you do not need to edit or crop it, select “File” / “Sava as”;
- A new screen will open. At the top, enter a caption that makes it easy to find your photo. In the drop-down list after “Where”, indicate the place on your computer where you will store your image. And in the drop-down list after "Format" make sure that you select Adobe Photoshop PDF. Then you can click Ok, and your photo will be saved in PDF format!
Suppose you have several JPGs that you want to convert into one PDF document. Do not worry, because it is also an easy task:
- Before you begin, make sure that all the JPGs that you want to use are in the same folder, and that they are the only images in this folder. This will make the process much easier for you;
- When all your images are in the same folder, open Adobe Photoshop and select “File” / “Automation” / “Presentation”;
- A new window will open. In the middle at the top you will see a button labeled "Browse". Click this button.
- Now find the folder that contains all your photos. Click on it, select all the photos you want to use, and then click "Open." You will see that your photos are now framed under the “source files.”
- Now you can take a look at the output options. If you just want to save them as a multi-page PDF, specify the Multi-page document. If you want to save it as a presentation, specify the Presentation. The background will usually be white, although you have the option to change it to black or gray. You also have options for adding a title, description, EXIF information, copyright, etc.
- After you have selected your personal settings, you can click Save. Now you can name your PDF document and save it in a place on your computer where it will be easy to find. A new window will appear, and the settings already checked should be in order. Click “Save”. You are done!
Converting JPG to PDF is just as easy if your only available program is Adobe Acrobat.
- Open Adobe Acrobat and select “File” / “Create” / “PDF from file”.
- Find the jpg that you want to convert to pdf. Select them and click "Open".
- You should see the images on the screen. Now select “File” / “Save as”.
- A new window will appear asking you to name your document. Choose a name, specify a destination on your computer, where it will be easy to find, make sure that it is in Adobe Files format, and then click “Save”. Your image is now converted to PDF!
A-PDF Image to PDF
You can use A-PDF Image to PDF to convert multiple TIFF, TIF, JPEG, JPG, BMP, WMF, EMF, PNG, TGA images to PDF. It provides a simple and convenient way to create e-books in PDF format from batch images:
- Free download and install the program;
- Then run the program, you will be presented with the main screen, from which all actions are performed;
- Click on “Add Image” to open the standard view and mark the window. From this window you can go to the folder and find the images you want to add to the list (image thumbnail) for conversion;
- The added image will be displayed in the left A-PDF Image to PDF window. You can view any of the images in the window by clicking them. They will appear in the right viewport. You can crop, rotate, flip, sharpen and add effects to selected images using the “image toolbar”;
- To mark the output mode, A-PDF Image to PDF will create PDF from images with different print resolutions depending on the output mode;
- specify the adjustment / transformation option to set the image rotation and image effect (for example, flip, negative, etc.);
- specify the settings- / settings page to set the size of the output PDF-page, page layout, margins, position, etc.
- specify settings / properties to add / edit the title, subject, author, keywords;
- Specify the settings / security to mark whether the output PDF document is secure or not by checking / unchecking the Add protection box. You can apply two passwords (password for opening the document, password for access);
- Specify settings / watermark to add multiple watermarks to output documents.
- After the setup is complete, you can select Action / Create one PDF to create one PDF.
- To finish and set the name of the PDF, click the "Save As" button.
You can use A-PDF Image to PDF to convert multiple JPEG images into one PDF document in just 2 steps:
- Click the Add Image icon to add multiple JPEG images;
- Click the Create One PDF icon to create a PDF document containing all JPEG images.
To perform the conversion:
- Launch Foxit Phantom. A new window will open.
- In the lower part of the window, select “Merge several files into one document”.
- To add photos that you want to include in the document, click "Add ...", then select "Add ..." again. You can add from most Microsoft programs, PDF and most types of images.
- You can also add everything from the folder by selecting “Add folder ...” instead of “Add files ...”.
- A new window will open allowing you to view the data in the browser.
- To mark a single file, simply click on it once and click "Open."
- To mark a few, hold down the Ctrl key and then click Open.
- As soon as you add your own, they will be listed with their file names and additional information.
- You can change the order by selecting a document in the list and clicking “Move Up” or “Move Down”.
- To remove a document from the list, click Delete.
- When you are ready to create a new PDF, click “Convert”.
- A new window will open asking where to save the document and how you want to name it. After you have chosen where to save your document and how to name it, click “Save”.
- A status bar opens, indicating the creation progress.
- Once the process is complete, the Convert window will remain open.
You can continue to create additional pages by adding or removing files, or you can simply close the window and enjoy your new creation.
FM JPG to PDF Converter
FM JPG to PDF Converter is a tool that allows you to combine multiple JPEG images and save them as PDF. It allows you to add, delete and organize photos. You can also add a whole folder containing jpg images and you will be saved from adding files one by one.
- Click the Add button and select the images you want to merge.
- Click the up and down arrows to move the image up or down.
- There is a preview pane, so you can add or remove any document from the list by clicking the Delete button.
- Set output properties.
- Click the Start button.
- If you want to create another document, click the "Clear" button to delete everything at once.
PDF Mate Merger
Mate Merger is a free utility that you can use to merge multiple files into one. We can also combine JPEG images and create a document through it. The program is absolutely free, and you can start using it right now without any subscription or registration. Mate Merger has an easy-to-use interface that allows you to add any number of files using the “Add Files” button. You can arrange them in any order using the Up and Down buttons. Right-click on any name and you will see the corresponding parameters in the form of a context menu. You can use the Delete button to delete any image that was added by mistake. You may need to adjust the output parameters to suit your requirements, using the Output Settings options below. You can add a password. Do not forget to install the layout, otherwise it will be installed automatically. Now click the Build button, and your document will be created.
novaPDF is an addition to the Windows shell, replacing the ability to print through a printer to print. If you use a third-party photo viewer, novaPDF will also help you quickly convert any JPG. Consider the process on the example of the most popular viewers - Picasa and IrfanView. Picasa is a software product that allows you to view, organize, edit and share photos. By default, there is no direct conversion option in Picasa. Since it instead contains a print option, you can use it to convert photos to PDF by virtual printing photos using the PDF creator. To convert from Picasa, follow these steps:
- Download and install novaPDF on your computer.
- Open Picasa and select the photos you want to convert to PDF (maybe one or more photos if you want to convert multiple JPGs to PDF).
- Go to “File” and select “Print” (you can also press “Ctrl + P” or click the “Print” icon on the bottom toolbar).
- In the "Print" window, you should mark novaPDF in the "Printer Settings" section. Choose a print layout for a photo (one image per page, several photos per page), and also specify the number of copies per PDF page.
- After clicking the “Print” button, you will be prompted to enter a location for the PDF file, and when it is created, it will be automatically opened (these parameters can be changed using the “Printing Preferences” window in novaPDF).
Irfanview is the most popular free photo viewer with the “Print” option. Thus, through it, you can create a PDF document (IrfanView has a separate plugin for creating PDF files, which requires additional download). To convert photos to PDF from IrfanView:
- Go to “File” and click “Open”, select the photo you want to convert to PDF, and click “Open”;
- After opening the image, go to "File" and select "Print" (in addition, you can press "Ctrl + P");
- In the preview window, you should mark novaPDF in the printer settings section. You can add header / footer information, select print size, as well as the number of copies (individual pages).
When the Save PDF As dialog box appears, select where to save the PDF and click OK. This option can also be set in the novaPDF print setup window before starting the conversion.
PDF Editor Desktop Tools
This tool is a free photo to pdf converter. It is a fast, simple and easy-to-use free PDF utility designed to convert photo files into a document. Simply add photo files such as JPG, JPEG, BMP, PNG, TIF, TIFF, GIF and WMF, with options for page size, page margin and photo layout. Here are the steps on how to convert images:
- Open Free PDF Tools / Convert Images to PDF.
- The "Convert Images to PDF" dialog box appears.
- Open photo files (BMP, PNG, GIF, JPEG, TIFF and WMF). Press the Ctrl key to mark several photo files in the file selection dialog.
- Click Add Image to add the photo files you want to convert to a new PDF document. Displays the title, name, size, and location of each file.
- Click “Add all images in folder” to add all photo files in this folder.
- Click on the title to change it in the list if you want to update the title.
- Click “Show caption” if you want to show caption on each photo.
- To move a document up or down from the list, specify the file name and click Up or Down, if necessary.
- To remove a file from the file list, specify the file name and click Delete.
- If you click “Use photo size” to mark the page size with DPI, the size of each page will be determined by the size of each photo using DPI (dot per inch). Only one photo per pdf page.
- Specify page size and orientation for all photos.
- Enter the margin field of the page.
- specify columns and rows on the same page.
- Enter the horizontal and vertical space between the images.
- Use Image Compress with Image is compressed using DPI. The default DPI is 150. It is available only to registered users.
- Click Save As to get a new PDF document. A new file can be launched automatically if you have installed Adobe Reader.
Experiment with the available options to see which ones best fit your needs. Click Close to finish.
You may have used OneNote to create and maintain your work diaries. How about using One Note to merge JPEG photos into a file?
- specify the photos you want to combine.
- Right click on them.
- Specify Send to OneNote.
- Open OneNote and distribute photos in it.
- Go to File / Export / Select "Section".
- specify the PDF format.
- Click Export.
- Specify the file name and location.
- Click save.
If you need to convert files to graphic formats or PDF - DocuFreezer will provide you with everything you need. It can also convert other file types, and you can choose from other output formats, including PNG, TIFF and XPS. One of the great features of DocuFreezer is that you can convert individual files or work with several files at the same time — either by adding them one by one to the list, or by adding entire folders to the work queue. Conversion is pretty fast. After selecting the output format and location in which you want to save the document, you can mark between color or black and white output, set the quality and adjust the resolution. Enough options to do what you need, as efficiently as possible.
Integration through online services
There are also a number of proven online services that allow you to combine several photos into one PDF file.
HiPDF is one of the most popular websites that can be used to convert a wide range of documents via the Internet without actually installing any software. With this free online JPEG to PDF converter, you can easily convert online JPEG to PDF and save the results on your computer for use at any time. Click the “Image to PDF” button and simply load a JPEG photo from any storage area, and then convert it to PDF, and it's that simple. It is important to note that the quality after conversion is top notch and standard and can be read by any PDF reader. HiPDF is a very effective tool available on all platforms.
This is one of the most commonly used converters and tools for combining photos into one PDF, available on the Internet. The service can convert your jpeg in a few seconds and it is absolutely free. If you have a JPEG photo on your computer, simply upload it to the site and click on the conversion file. The conversion will take place quickly and efficiently. In addition, it has the ability to resize a JPEG photo before conversion based on the field, page size, page orientation, and photo size. The main advantage is that you do not need to install any software on your PC so that it converts to high-quality PDF.
The software is designed to effectively assist you with your PDF solutions. It has the ability to quickly convert JPEG using a simple, reliable and efficient PDF converter. The site basically asks you to upload a jpeg file, then select a photo and wait for it to work.
The site can easily convert your jpeg files. It also has the ability to combine multiple jpeg photos. Its main advantage is that it has no restrictions on the size of files, registration is not required, and it adds watermarks to the files. The service he offers focuses on the JPEG photo and rotates it, optimizes and reduces the photo, but ensures that the original image quality is preserved.
The site converts all JPEG photos to PDF, even if they are stored in Dropbox or on Google Drive. Any user basically drags images into a field on a site, and then sorts them according to preferences so that they are displayed in PDF. The site supports many graphic formats and easily converts them. It is distinguished by the fact that it supports many available OS platforms and deletes files from its servers in an hour. Document conversion takes place in the cloud, therefore, it does not consume processor resources.
The service is also a favorite because it allows you to easily convert JPEG images to PDF. Конвертер имеет множество функций, таких как объединение, редактирование, разблокировка и преобразование.
После загрузки файла JPEG вы должны нажать на «Конвертировать файл», чтобы превратить его в PDF. Документ теперь будет конвертирован и не должен превышать 100 МБ.