WordPress is a very convenient and popular open source CMS (content management system) suitable for a very wide range of websites: from very simple personal blogs to very large portals and online stores. It can be installed on a hosting or on a local web server. Let's take a look at how to install WordPress on Denwer.
Installing a popular CMS - WordPress - on Denver is not difficult.
- First of all we download Denver and Wordpress from their official sites. Please note that this CMS has been Russified for a long time and qualitatively, therefore we only download the Russian version.
- Install the local server on your computer. More on this in the relevant paragraph of this article hereinafter.
- We create a server database (how to do it, read below) and, finally, proceed to installing Wordpress to Denver.
Create a folder where all the WordPress files of the future site will be located. We will locate it in the webservers \ home \ localhost \ www \ folder. Let's call it, for example, wpsite. In the newly created folder unpack the WordPress archive. Launch Denver.
We drive in the address bar of the browser the name of the site in this form: // localhost / wpsite /
We see a tuning window in front of us; fill it in:
database name - we drive in the database name, which was specified during its creation;
MySQL username - in our case, this is root (do not forget that we have a local server);
MySQL database password - do not drive anything;
MySQL server name - we have it localhost;
the rest is left by default.
We press the button "Next" and go to the window installation WordPress. We drive the following data into it:
Name of the site;
administrator password with confirmation;
Congratulations: WordPress installation on Denwer is complete!
To continue, you need to run WordPress on Denver and drive in your data - username and password. So you get to the site console, where you can manage absolutely everything that is happening on your domain. Have a good job!
Installation of Denver to work with WordPress (Supplement 1 to the preparatory phase)
Briefly describe how to install a local server to continue to work on it with WordPress.
- Click on the boot file, see the installation window and, following the prompts, set the server, like any other program.
- Make sure that the folder for the program was empty. The installer offers C: \ WebServers, it’s better not to be wise, but just to use it.
- Virtual disk is traditionally called Z.
- On the proposal to install labels, we answer "Yes". We will have the Start, Stop and Restart Denwer shortcuts, which respectively start, stop and restart our server.
- We check if everything passed successfully. To do this, while running the server, we drive into the //localhost/ browser line. If the installation is successful, we will see a window with the corresponding caption.
- If you have already created a database, you can immediately install WordPress on Denwer, focusing on the paragraph Main stage. If not, read the instructions below.
Creating a database (Supplement 2 to the preparatory phase)
- We start the server.
- We drive in the address // localhost / tools / phpmyadmin / and go to the phpMyAdmin window.
- Click on the "Database" button and fill in the "Create a new" field. Click "Create".
- Go to the settings. In the top menu "More" click "Privileges", then add the user. Fill all blank lines. We enter absolutely any name, “Host” is local. For this reason, the password for the database is not needed - we simply do not fill in the line. Click "Add user".
- We copy the username and login to the file (they need to be remembered for further work).
- Restart the server with the button
That's it, now you can safely put WordPress on Denwer. Read about it above, in the “Main Stage” paragraph.
Sometimes users ask the question: why is Denver needed, if the site can be immediately uploaded to the hosting? In fact, the local server is very convenient. Firstly, it is good for training beginner webmasters, because dealing with it is much easier than hosting. Secondly, experienced users also use it to test and customize new themes, scripts and plugins. If at some point you decide to refuse to use it, then it is removed even faster than it is put.
As you can see, installing WordPress in Denver is not so difficult. The main thing is to be attentive and follow the sequence of actions, described in detail in our step-by-step instructions. We will be glad if you share your experience in working with these programs.