Modern computer programs allow you to perform the most diverse and sometimes very unusual tasks. One of them is voice change in various computer applications. Many fans of computer games like to exchange voice messages during team battles. You do not need to be distracted by a text chat, thanks to which you can hardly miss important moments and will not let your partners down.
If you do not like how your voice sounds, then you can change it with the help of programs.
But what if you don’t like your voice and want to change it? This can be done with just a few keystrokes. You will need to download special software that will convert your speech when you speak into the microphone, imposing on it the effect that you specify in the settings. Moreover, such programs can change the voice in any application or game that uses the microphone of your device.
Therefore, if you use a utility called Discord for voice chat in games and want to change your voice, this will not be a problem for you. In this article we will tell you about the most popular utilities, as well as show how to change your voice in the Discord.
The principle of the program to change the voice
What is the principle of voice change? When you connect a microphone to a computer, it is displayed in the system as a recording device. If you connect multiple microphones, they will all be displayed, and you can select individual settings for each. When you install a voice changer, a virtual microphone will be displayed on the system. In the settings of the game or Discord you need to specify it as the main one, and when you speak, your speech will be transformed thanks to the selected effects. The principle is simple and completely simple.
This software for the Windows operating system created quite a lot. But not all of them allow you to use them with all the software. Therefore, if you do not know how to change the voice in Discord, use one of the following products from our review.
Best voice changing software
AV Voice Changer Diamond
One of the best voice changing tools. The program has a very convenient menu, a beautifully designed interface, as well as many settings that allow you to adjust the work of the program as you need it. In addition to voice effects, the program can even improve the sound of the microphone, removing various noises and echoes, in case you use an inexpensive headset.
The application effectively copes with the tasks assigned to it, and when using it your interlocutors are unlikely to guess who is actually speaking with them. What advantages and disadvantages can be noted in this product?
- Beautifully designed and uncomplicated program menu.
- A huge number of additional parameters and functions.
- Very fine tuning of voice effects.
- The program must be purchased. However, if you want to test it in work, use the trial version.
- The lack of a Russian-language menu. Although for some it will not be such a big disadvantage.
Voxal voice changer
Almost the only full-fledged free product that can compete on a par with paid. It has all the most necessary settings, and surpasses some paid analogues in the number of functions. In addition to real-time voice effects, you can record a modified voice and send it to someone else, or remove the noise from a cheap microphone.
Advantages of the program:
- Beautifully designed menu, thoughtful arrangement of settings.
- Many effects and filters.
- The utility is free for non-commercial use.
Disadvantages of the program:
- The lack of a Russian-language menu. Again, this minus is rather relative, since even the majority of schoolchildren speak English at least to a minimum level.
It is one of the best, if not the best offer of all. There are so many opportunities that most users may not need much of them at all. What is the program able?
- Change your voice, while maintaining its natural sound.
- Impose a huge number of effects in real time and on audio.
- Add background sounds, run away noises.
- Record sound for further processing.
- Despite the abundance of functions, the interface is very simple and thoughtful.
- A huge number of additional features.
- Very fine tuning of your voice.
- The need to purchase. However, to try it in work, you can use the seven-day trial period.
- The lack of translation into Russian.
How to make the program work in Discord
So, having dealt with possible proposals, let's see what steps you need to take in order for your voice to change in the Discord program.
- Download the program to change the voice, install it on your computer.
- On the Windows taskbar in the lower right corner, right-click on the icon in the form of an audio speaker and select "Recording Devices."
- You will see a list of connected microphones. It may be that the virtual microphone created by the voice changer may be disabled by default or simply hidden. If so, right-click and select "Show disconnected devices" and then "Show disconnected devices".
- After the list of absolutely all microphones is displayed, right-click on the virtual microphone and select “Enable” or “Enable”, depending on the version of Windows.
- Now go to Discord, in the lower left corner of the window hover the cursor over the name of your profile and click on the gear icon to go to the user settings.
- Find the Voice tab and select the virtual microphone created by the voice changer application as the primary one.
- In the sound program menu, make the necessary settings, select the desired effect and minimize the window.
- Now, as soon as you speak, your voice will sound with the given changes.
As you can see, changing the voice in the Discord is completely easy, especially if you are at least a little friend with the computer. We hope you helped our today's material. In the comments leave your feedback.