In the work of any software, regardless of the complexity of its operation, there may be certain failures and errors, the correction of which is entrusted to each user.
If this is possible in elementary programs, then what can we say about such complex software as the Windows operating system.
The abundance of such problems and failures led to the emergence of various classifiers, for example, the error category "BSOD" or better known among users as the "Blue Screen of Death".
About one representative of this category and will be discussed in this article.
Causes and Solution
Immediately it should be noted that the “System recovery options” is an error that does not allow the user to load the operating system properly, which eliminates all attempts to get to the desktop. And this, in turn, most directly complicates the search for possible solutions.
It gives an error in the OS
You should also say that such an inscription appears when Windows starts, but the essence of the problem does not correspond to typical representatives of the “BSOD”.
The appearance of such a notice may also be accompanied by a suggestion to enter a password or take a number of additional actions that will not bring anything useful.
Separately, it is necessary to mention that the causes of the situation under consideration may be completely different in nature, but one thing unites them all - this is the incorrect operation of the system components of the operating system, including the Windows bootloader itself, which can be damaged.
And that can be done to restore the operating system, and will be discussed further.
To return the correct configuration of the computer, you will need to have bootable media with the image of the operating system, which you need to attend to in advance.
Otherwise, the order of the actions under consideration is as follows:
- "Running Last Known Good Configuration." But for starters, you can use the settings of the operating system and try to load the operating system with the last successful configuration, and for this:
- Turn on the computer and press the "F8" key until the "Advanced startup options" window appears.
- Scroll through the list of suggested options to the line “Last successful configuration (optional)”.
Operating system boot window
- Click on it and wait for the launch results.
If the problem was not resolved properly, then you should go to step number 2, but if you managed (under happy circumstances) to get to the desktop, then without wasting time, check the operation of the operating system.
Admin Command Window
To test, you should use the entire existing arsenal, for example:
- The "sfc / scannow" command - to check the integrity.
- The "CHKDSK" command is a hard disk check.
- The command “dism.exe / online / cleanup-image / restorehealth” - scanning and fixing existing problems in Windows.
- Check the correct operation of the RAM.
- Scan Windows for virus activity.
- Check what actions immediately preceded the situation.
It should be understood that there may be one attempt, and it will not be possible to turn on the computer in the following way. Therefore, to postpone for later the above actions is not recommended.
- "Using Recovery Environment". To implement this method, you will need a previously announced media with a Windows image. The following procedure is as follows:
- Insert the media into the appropriate port on the computer's motherboard and turn it on.
- Open the “BIOS” settings and set the boot from USB-drive (for example) as a priority option.
- Save the changes, restart the computer and wait until the window with the “Install” button appears.
- Click on the “System Restore” button.
- Next, a window will open where a variety of different tools will be offered, among which you need to choose the first one with the same name above and follow its recommendations.
Be very careful when choosing a recovery point, since going back to the already problematic configuration will not help in solving the problem in question.
In conclusion, it is worth noting that in most cases, the above procedure helps to correct the situation under consideration and to return the necessary control over the computer operation.
And the last: another fairly common reason is to connect any carrier, from which the operating system is trying to boot up due to errors. Check the BIOS configuration and set the parameters properly.