Although Microsoft has worked well on the new version of Windows, the updates look decent, but there are still flaws, albeit in smaller quantities. A serious disadvantage for which a long list of users complains is that the value is not valid for the registry. In other words, files with a certain extension cannot be opened. Now we will take a closer look at a similar problem, find its sources and reach pragmatic solutions.
Causes of this error
To begin, let us remind you that the registry is a database containing settings for PC software and hardware. Sometimes it happens that the registry gives an error. This bug may appear after the following actions of the PC owner: cleaning the registry, deleting utilities, making changes under the influence of malicious programs. Of course, this is not a complete list, but these are the most likely options. The result is a pop-up error window when trying to launch platforms.
Ways to solve the problem
After visiting the official site, you will realize that the creators of the tenth OS advise you to proceed to reinstall the software in such a situation. Are there other ways to solve the problem? Of course, therefore we will describe to you the instructions below.
We urge you to start checking your computer for viruses. Turn on the antivirus scanner and make sure that you have to switch to other measures.
Attention: update the anti-virus database before scanning.
We carry out computer scan for viruses
One of the possible ways out of the situation with an invalid registry value would be to open the file using the manual disposal utility. The steps are as follows:
- Click the right mouse button on the application icon and select Properties in the pop-up window.
- Next, we find the inscription General.
- Check Unlock.
- Click Edit and install the software that launches the item.
- Click Apply and then OK.
- All open menus turn off and restart the computer.
An application with different formats can participate here, but the order of steps will be identical.
What to do if image files do not open in Windows 10
These files are ahead of others a thousand times in this moment. Invalid registry value when opening a photo is most common. So let's see what can be done.
Cleaning the Windows Registry In general, on a PC with a tenth version of Windows, there is a program designed to open images. It is called as "Photos". After reinstalling the OS or cleaning the registry, the connection between the images and the utility may be erased. Therefore, here is the recovery instruction:
- Click the right mouse button on any image file.
- Select Open with.
- Click Select another application.
- Now we write the program in the menu that appears and set it as permanent.
In the event that this method does not fix anything, proceed to restore the registry.
To return the registry to the original working version, you need to resort to the previously saved backup file. If the user did not bother to create a copy in the past, now only a specialist or a well-informed person can return everything to its place.
Windows registry cleaning
We carry out system analysis:
- Click the right mouse button on the Start.
- Command line administrator.
- We print: sfc / scannow /
- Press the Enter button.
- Finish the procedure and restart the PC.
Command line administrator window
Create a backup copy of the registry (provided that a backup exists):
- Win + R.
- We print regedit.
- We open the File menu.
- Click Export.
- Select the entire registry and mark it with a dot.
- Specify where to save the file and click Save.
Final operation: registry resuscitation.
Stages of the conclusion:
- Points one through four of the previous guide.
- Click Import.
- In the Review we find a backup copy of the “backup”.
- We turn on backup and select Yes.
- We are waiting for the end of the operation and restart the PC.
If you did not create a copy earlier, it is better to ask for help from friends or acquaintances. There is always the option of contacting specialists. We hope that after following these instructions you will restore the work of your iron friend. Thank you for your attention, leave comments below.