Various problems with dynamic library files (or, more correctly, the dynamic link library) have long been haunted by users of the Windows operating system, regardless of which version they use. For the purposes of this article, an error with the “kernel32.dll” file is considered, which provides extremely important functionality for the operating system and is of particular interest for various virus software. And the reasons for the occurrence of this error and how to solve them will be discussed further.
Fix kernel32.dll error in Windows.
Causes and Solutions
The situation under consideration has many varieties, for example:
- "Not found kernel32.dll".
- "The procedure entry point in the kernel32.dll library was not found."
- "The program caused a failure in the Kernel32.dll module."
- "Could not start application because kernel32.dll was not found."
- "The file kernel32.dll is missing or corrupt."
These are far from all the options that occur among users, but, as clearly demonstrated, they are all united by only one thing - this is the incorrect work of the named library. Such diversity, of course, in the most direct way complicates the process of its solution, since the actions that could lead to instability in the work of this file are as diverse as the abundance of error options. Separately, it is worth noting that theoretically there should be no problems with “kernel32.dll”, due to the fact that when loading the operating system it is placed in a protected / isolated memory area, which is inaccessible for other processes, especially external ones.
In practice, due to various failures in Windows, including failures that could have been triggered by the activity of virus software, this representative of the dynamic link library is subject to outside influence, which leads to such disastrous results. That is why everything that will be described below, in fact, represents only the basic recommendations that, under certain circumstances, can lead to the desired result.
So, for more convenience and maximum efficiency, use the recommendations described below in the order in which they will be described below. It would also be appropriate right now to warn you that you need to think a few times before trying to find this file on the Internet and just download it, and here are some reasons why:
- As mentioned above, various viruses are extremely interested in this component of the system, presenting their tools as “kernel32.dll”. Therefore, in more than half of the sites you will be asked to download if the file is correct, then with an “interesting” filling.
- The rest of the file range offered for downloading consists of ordinary soothers, from which there will be no benefit, but no harm is expected.
- In addition, the essence of the problem may not only be in the file itself.
Returning to the solution. They look like this:
- The first and most logical option is a banal reboot of the computer, since the failure in its work, which led to problems, can be one-time and random.
- The considered error does not occur from scratch (usually!). Consequently, some software attempted to access the resources of “kernel32.dll”, but did not receive the necessary response / response. So try reinstalling the program / application or game. If this is a repack / build, then try downloading it from another source.
In addition, if the software previously worked stably, then you should pay close attention to the updates to which it has been subjected.
- Perform a comprehensive comprehensive scan of the operating system for virus activity. For example, use Malwarebytes AdwCleaner, Dr.Web CureIt or a similar tool from Kaspersky Lab as anti-virus tools.
- Check the relevance of all installed software driver versions. You should also apply an integrated approach, using not only specialized tools, such as “DriverPack Solutions”, but also manual search using the official resources of the developers of your computer components.
Pay attention to peripheral devices. For example, you are using any software that requires a connection to a webcam. There are problems in the work of the driver of this very webcam, which subsequently cause a similar unpleasant situation.
- Scan the operating system for the integrity of components and files, as well as scan your hard disk for bad sectors, you can use the following commands to do this:
- “Sfc / scannow” - integrity check.
- "CHKDSK" - check the hard disk.
- “Dism / Online / Cleanup-Image / CheckHealth” is necessary to obtain information regarding the presence of damage to Windows components.
- “Dism / Online / Cleanup-Image / ScanHealth” - checks the storage for correctness and integrity.
- “Dism / Online / Cleanup-Image / RestoreHealth” - performs both the identification of problems and their automatic correction.
It will also be good to turn to resources of third-party diagnostic software and check the correctness of the RAM, for example, the memtest86 + program has recommended itself for a long time and well.
As an alternative, you can use the regular diagnostic tools for this:
- Press the key combination "WIN + S" and enter "Windows Memory Checker".
- Open the found option and select one of the proposed solutions. The first involves the implementation of a reboot, after which the check of the RAM will begin, the second offers to postpone the check until the next start of the operating system.
It should be understood that these tests can be engaged for a long time (1 hour, 2, 3 and 4 hours), it all depends on your RAM and the quality of its work. Therefore, guess the testing time to ensure its continuity.
In conclusion, it should be noted that the latest recommendations for solving the considered error are "reinstalling a clean operating system" (it is a clean one, not some third-party assembly), as well as replacing computer components (hard disk and RAM, as well as a video card, which happens rarely). Even if you took all five of the above options, but did not solve the problem with "kernel32.dll", do not write down to reinstall Windows, especially if the error manifests itself in only one application / in one game. Return to the beginning and repeat all the actions. And the last. If you have previously carried out any manipulations with the working activity of the processor, overclocking, for example, then try to return it to its former state.