Dear readers, you have decided to find out how to flash the Philips Xenium phone. Immediately it should be said that you specifically can not flash the phone, since we will work with the company's smartphones. You need to understand this thin line between phones and smartphones - the latter have much more functionality. Smart Phillips Xenium running Android OS. We will not torment you with anticipation and immediately move on to the topic of today's discussion - Philips Xenium firmware. To begin, we will tell you about the existing methods of flashing.
How to flash Philips Xenium smartphone
Ways of firmware
In total there are two ways:
- Official update of the smartphone software using the device itself, without connecting to a computer.
- Re-flashing using third-party utility SP Flash Tool, which is installed on your computer or laptop.
Choose the method that suits you. Next, read the basic guidelines and rules necessary for users to learn.
What you need to know before the firmware?
- First of all, it is worth remembering that all actions are performed at your own peril and risk. Each case is strictly individual, therefore, it is simply impossible to monitor the operation of all devices. It is desirable to collect information from some sources, indicating the model number of the device.
- When connecting to a computer or laptop, use only the original USB cable.
- Please note that working with the SP Flash Tool is considered on the example of a Philips Xenium device. For the rest, you just need other files to download, although the procedure is the same.
- These methods you can work with smartphones running the Android operating system.
- Now you can proceed to the firmware of your device!
Software update "by air"
Friends, we will try to update the version of the operating system of the smartphone Philips Xenium. If you do not know the meaning of the concept "by air", then we will tell you. This means that the update will be performed directly from the phone itself without using a computer or cords.
- The update will be downloaded from the company's servers. The size of the firmware can weigh more than one gigabyte, so take care of your Internet traffic. But the owners of unlimited tariff plans can not worry and calmly go about their business. Download should be via Wi-Fi networks. Therefore, the first step is to connect to an available wireless network.
- Take your Phiilips Xenium and go to the settings menu of the device.
- Now we are looking for "About the device", where there is an "Update" tab. Here we will need a tab with the name "Software Update", click the update button. If your smartphone says that updates are already installed on your device, it means that there are no available firmware for your device. That is, the latest available operating system version is installed. Otherwise, we agree to download updates and wait for it to finish.
- During the update, the device may restart several times. Therefore, we do not immediately panic, but simply gain patience. When everything is ready, you will see the home screen of the device.
- Congratulations! You successfully coped with the task. Now you have the latest version of Android software.
Firmware with SP Flash Tool
So, as noted above, this method is suitable for those who want to install a modified or factory version of the firmware by third-party methods. What to do?
- First of all, you need to download and install drivers on your computer for firmware. Otherwise, you may have problems installing files on your smartphone. By the way, you can immediately turn off your device. This is useful to you in the eighth paragraph.
- Next, download the archive with the software utility SP Flash Tool. Unpack it must be in a separate folder on your computer. Please note that on the path to the files only Latin letters should be used, nothing more. That is, the names of folders, subfolders must be in English. For example, if you unzipped documents to disk D in the SP folder, the path should look like this: D: \ SP \.
- Now download the firmware files //yadi.sk/d/7Tgi5ceD33nA7j and also unpack. Archive requirements are the same as in the previous paragraph.
- Friends, you can run the program Flash_tool.exe. It is in the folder from the second item. In the application window, you need to click on the Scatter-loading button and in the dialog box that appears, select the file MT6589_Android_scatter_emmc.txt, located in the folder with the firmware from the third item.
- Check the box next to DA DL All With Check Sum. Otherwise, put it manually.
- The next check is on enabled modes. In the top main menu of the program, click on Options and watch to check the USB Mode and DA Download All.
- You are on your way to the finish line - click on the Download button.
- The turn of your smartphone has come: we connect the device to the computer via USB in the off state.
- If everything is done correctly, you will see a green circle, indicating the end of the process of flashing the device.
- Now you can disconnect the phone from your personal computer and use the smartphone.
Today we have worked on how to flash or reflash your Philips Xenium W8510 smartphone. If you did everything correctly, then we can congratulate you on your success! Share it with other users in the comments. Also tell us what exactly do you like about the Xenium device?