Owners of devices based on Android OS periodically encounter all sorts of software errors and system failures. So, sometimes there is an error in the “Graphical interface of the system” application, which can be one-time or appear after launching a specific program, accessing certain functions, and also occur at regular intervals, which prevents the device from performing any actions. Correct work of this system software Android provides full user interaction with the system, because without the implementation of the interface that displays all the necessary options, the desktop and the menu, it is impossible to perform even the simplest manipulations with the device. If problems arise in the functioning of the system application at any scale, it is necessary to take actions to eliminate the failure.
Solution of application error Graphical system interface.
Causes of problems with the application "Graphical system interface"
Most often, the error is associated with a software failure, which could appear due to the installation of third-party software that interferes with the normal operation of the launcher or shell. Often, on Android devices, similar problems arise after flashing. The method of troubleshooting directly depends on the provoking factor and basically enough software solution, but in some cases we are talking about hardware faults, then in the absence of special skills, the user is recommended to entrust the matter to professionals. The probable reasons that may be caused by the error of the graphical interface of the system:
- Installing an application that triggered a conflict with the system.
- Curve firmware or incorrectly flashing the device.
- Damage to system components due to virus infection.
- Incorrect work of the launcher due to its damage (including malware).
- Launched cache launcher.
- Factory defect Android device.
How to fix GUI errors
A one-time software failure is often eliminated by simply rebooting the device (this simplest method is quite effective and is applicable as the first steps to eliminate any errors). If you noticed that the problem appeared after the installation of a specific software, then perhaps it was a new program or a game on the device that caused an error in the “Graphical interface of the system” application. If so, the solution is obvious - remove this software. Sometimes the problem is solved by removing the memory card from the device. The launcher can also be restarted (stop it and turn it on again, which is done in the device settings in the application section), if this is a third-party interface, there is a possibility that the error will disappear after reinstalling it. Seldom, but it happens that clearing the cache and deleting application data save. When the simplest methods turned out to be ineffective, we proceed to more serious measures.
General reset when solving a problem
Considering what to do next, if an error occurred in the “Graphical Interface of the System” application, and the previous methods did not cope with the task, let us focus on the effective way of eliminating the failure in the form of a reset to the factory settings. The method solves many problems associated with the incorrect functioning of the Android OS. In the case when the shell crashes after flashing, this is the only correct solution (in case of a conflict of applications, it is better to use simpler options). There are several ways to perform this procedure, but before using any of them, you should make a copy of user data, since all information stored in the device’s memory will be lost (this will not affect the files on the SD card). So, resetting to factory settings will return the device to the “out of the box” state, deleting everything that has been set by the user.
Reset via "Settings"
The easiest way to perform the procedure is through the settings menu:
- Go to the device settings.
- In the "Personal data" section, select the "Restore and reset" option.
- In the new window, it is possible to back up data by storing the information on Google servers (mark this item).
- Click on the bottom "Reset settings", in the new window we get acquainted with the warning about clearing the device's memory and confirm the action by clicking on the appropriate button.
- Upon completion of the process, the device itself will perform a reboot, starting up in the form it was at the time of purchase.
Reset via "Recovery"
The Recovery Mode allows you to perform many operations with the device, including it is used to solve this problem, which is especially important when the error pops up on a regular basis, preventing you from getting close to the available options. The reset is carried out through the built-in or custom recovery (the functionality in this case is much broader, but to return to the factory settings, the standard means are sufficient). So, to solve the problem, do the following:
- Turn off the device.
- We immerse it in recovery mode, using the appropriate buttons. As a rule, you need to hold down the volume keys (“+” or “-”) and power, but on different models of devices, the input to the Recovery menu may differ.
- The menu that opens suggests a choice of options. Move with the volume buttons to the Wipe data / ffactory reset function and press the power button to select.
- In the new window we confirm the action by selecting Yes - delete all user data.
- The process will start, it is automated, and the system will notify you of completion.
- Next, select the reboot system now option, after which the device will reboot.
A general reset is not always effective. For example, in the event of a serious defeat or removal of system components by viruses, the situation will not change. Re-flashing is the ultimate software solution, but working. Before, as a result of the procedure, you will demolish all the data, the necessary information should be saved. At the same time, it is not necessary to copy the software, since its elements may be infected, especially since the programs are easy to install again from the app store. To install the factory or custom firmware, you can use the same Recovery, after downloading the firmware file and placing it on an external memory card. Next you need to do the following:
- Immerse the device in this mode (the procedure is similar in the case of custom recovery).
- In the stock menu, select Apply update from external storage, specify the firmware file and confirm the action.
- At the end of the installation process, go to the option Wipe data / ffactory reset, which will erase the "tails" of the previous OSes.
- After that we press reboot system now, as a result of which the device will reboot.
If software methods have not solved the problem, then you have the very case when the cause of an error in the “Graphical interface of the system” application was a hardware failure. With this scenario, it is better to go with the device to a good service, where experts will help solve your problem.