"Seven" is a favorite version of Windows by many users. Not everyone now, with the more advanced "Tens" will use it and not at all because the machine is not capable of more. At the same time, one of the main reasons why Windows 7 is in favorites is the convenience of the interface. With the advent of the Eight, many users swore, above all, for the lack of the usual Start button, and the rest of the elements were very different from the usual controls. In the 10th version of the operating system, the button replacing the Start is present, but if you don’t like at all how the OS functionality is implemented, you can roll back to the “Seven” or just lower the version. When the question is only in the design of the interface and it is preferable for you to return the appearance of the native Windows 7, while leaving the functionality of the new version, just a few movements and your “Ten” will be successfully styled as “Seven”.
There are several ways to make Windows 10 look like 7. Among the tools and methods used are widespread use of patches that make the appropriate changes to the software code, in this case in order to return Windows 10 to the previous version of version 7. There are many such auxiliary utilities. They allow you to return the "Seven" interface in Windows 10, for example, only the classic Start button along with its capabilities to replace uncomfortable tiles and the appearance of a conductor (Classic Shell) or to implement your favorite window transparency (Aero 7) - we are in did not wait. But, using third-party tools (usually information about the compatibility of the software with a particular OS assembly is indicated in the description of it), it is possible to patch the existing OS to fit your preferences.
Design packages that can transform an OSE, clothe it in a transparent dress or add a ton of other effects are freely available on the Internet, a range of various topics are available for download also on the official Microsoft resource.
To make the necessary changes to the interface of Windows 10 using the installation of any of the following:
- Unpack and install the UltraUXThemePatcher 3+ patch on your computer.
- Install the application "OldNewExplorer" (configure explorer).
- Downloading the “Themes” theme into the “Themes” directory (it is located here at C: \ Windows \ Resources \ Themes).
- Open the "Personalization" window (click PCM on the desktop and select the corresponding item from the menu).
- In the personalization settings apply the downloaded shell.
To the usual design in the style of "Seven" returned to the interface of Windows 10, you can use different programs. A good free tool for this purpose is Classic Shell. The package includes three components: ClassicStartmenu (returns Start, as in version 7 of windows), Classic Explorer (changes the "appearance" of the conductor) and Classic IE (for classic Internet Explorer). You can select a custom installation by installing one of the components. For example, put the Startmenu:
- Having installed the software, click on the "Start" button and go to the parameters of Classic Shell.
- In the window that opens, you can access the settings for the Start menu and change the image of the button itself.
- The next tab "Basic Settings" will allow you to assign settings for controlling the mouse buttons, as well as set some hot keys.
- The “Cover” tab offers a choice of themes for the “Start” menu and their settings.
- On the tab "Settings Start Menu" you can configure which items and in what order will be in the menu.
- In addition, if you tick the "Show all options" checkbox at the top of the window, more customization options will be available.
To return a convenient “Start”, as well as adjust the transparency of windows in the styling of Windows 7, and other effects will help the shell “Aero 7”. Software to return the appearance of your favorite OS in the network is enough, many of the utilities are available for free, but software should be downloaded only from proven resources, better than official ones. If you do not like the program, you can simply delete it through the “Control Panel” - “Programs and Features”. But before making adjustments, it is still better to create a Windows restore point so that in case of a failed transformation, return the system to the “before change” state.
How to change the design without applying the patch
Styling Windows 10 for version 7 is also available by manually changing the interface. Of course, you have to dig a little in the settings of various elements, but it is quite feasible. So that Windows 10 was similar to version 7, we will make some corrections.
Activate the installed theme
To apply the theme that is available in the Tens arsenal, do the following:
- Right-click on the desktop and from the context menu go to "Personalization".
- Select the section "Themes" - "Theme Options".
- Here you can activate and customize themes that are in the Themes folder.
Classic Start Menu
Completely changing the “Start” menu without using special software will not work, but you can adjust it a bit to make it look more like the menu of the usual “Seven”, for this we do the following:
- To begin, remove the tile style in the right part (click "Start" and, clicking on each tile, right click on "Unpin from the initial screen").
- Change the size of the menu by dragging the right upper edge.
The functionality will remain the same, but a slight stylistic transformation can help dispel the nostalgia for Windows 7.
We remove the search bar on the taskbar
In the tenth version of the windows at the bottom of the taskbar is a long line to perform the search (apparently, the developers assumed that when you go to the “Ten” and after each system update it, you will have to search for the necessary functions with the dogs). Not all users need it there, besides, you can find everything you need using the same option from the Start button menu. Disable the search field as follows:
- We press PKM on the taskbar.
- Select Search - Hidden.
- You can return the field to the place in the same way, only by ticking the corresponding item from the menu.
Remove the conductor ribbon
At the top of the explorer windows in Windows 10 and 8.1 there is a ribbon, on which tools for interacting with files and folders are located. If you do not need quick access to these options, you can hide the ribbon with an arrow button (the same effect is achieved by pressing Ctrl + F1) or remove it using other methods, for example, through the editor of local group policies:
- Open it by entering the msc request in the Run console (Win + R).
- Follow the path "User Configuration" - "Administrative Templates" - "Windows Components" - "Explorer".
- In the right pane of the window, we find the option “Launch a conductor with a rolled up tape” and with a mouse click open a new window.
- Here in the block "Comment" put a checkbox for inclusion.
- For the changes to take effect, go to the system again or use the gpupdate / force command in the Run console.
You can also remove the tape through the registry editor, but we do not recommend making any changes to the registry without appropriate skills and knowledge, since even the slightest wrong actions can seriously harm the system.
What else can you do
In the "Personalization" section, you can add blue frames to windows, like in Windows 7, and also increase the font of the Desktop - in order to set the 10 font size you need to refer to the "Screen Settings" (right click on the Desktop, select the corresponding item from the menu). In the “additional parameters” we go to “additional text size changes” - “change only text size” - “set font size 10 for all parameters”. If it did not work, but there is a desire to do it, then you can download a program that allows you to change the system font.
To fully immerse yourself in the world of the seventh version of the OS, you can switch the account to a local account, get rid of the Notification Center on the taskbar, the lock screen, and also change the privacy settings, disable the automatic installation of system updates. And for more colorful surroundings, you can download classic games for OS 10 version from Windows 7 and set, as in the "Seven" shortcuts on the desktop.
Unfortunately, the return of the AeroGlass effect without third-party tools does not work out, and Windows 10 looks exactly like Windows 7 only with a transparent interface, while it is possible to maximize the appearance of the “Tens” by using standard tools, although it is not necessary to remove the options that you like. .
Using the official Microsoft resource
You can also change the Windows 10 interface to 7 using the official Microsoft Store. To download and change the theme, do the following:
- Go to the window "Personalization" (how to do it, see above).
- In the "Themes" section, where the available skins are changed, scroll down and in the "Set up Windows in your own way" section, click "Other Topics in the Store".
- There will be a huge range of free themes, including wallpapers, colors and sounds.
- Choose the one you like and click the “Get” button.
- (If you are not logged in with your account, the system will ask you to log in or create an account).
- The topic will be added to the general list.
- Now, in order for the skin to change, go back to the Themes section, select and apply a new one, after which we will see Windows in a modified version.
After all the transformations, we will have the “Ten” with the interface, like the “Seven”, in any case, very similar. In order not to limit yourself in the functionality, with your own hands cutting down the available opportunities, it is enough to change the look of the Start button menu and set the theme. Well, if the “Ten” doesn’t suit at all and it’s not just in appearance, than to demolish all new functions like the Notification Center on the taskbar or the lock screen, it’s better to go to extreme measures and just put the G7 on your computer.