Computer equipment and various devices for several years as a reclassification from the category of luxury elements to the standard, familiar to people devices, operated in everyday mode. Technological modernization of devices allowed consumers to customize devices for individual needs, install utilities of interest, security programs, and much more.
How to change or disable the welcome screen in Windows
In this article we will talk about the welcome screen on computer technology, which is ranked as a screen saver. If the template background icons are upgraded by elementary loading of an interesting picture, background, various wallpapers, then the conditioned element is more difficult to change, however, often the classic version annoys the person, which authorizes the need to make cardinal decisions. Further we will tell how to change or disconnect a welcome element on the computer devices working on Windows OS. For the implementation of these procedures, there are several methods, each of which is different performance and simplicity, subject to knowledge of the rules of implementation. Consider in detail each of the options.
Welcome screen reformation: making corrections in the registry editor
Changing the style of launching a personal computer by editing the registry editor is one of the most difficult, however, the most effective ways to resolve the problem. The process involves intervention in the settings of the operating system, therefore, for uncertain PC users, it is better to refuse to perform the procedure on their own using this method, or to strictly follow the subsequent instructional regulations.
Consider, initially, how to change the welcome screen of Windows 7, since the execution of the procedure in subsequent software modifications has some fundamental differences. The rules for changing the welcome screen of Windows 7 are as follows:
- Go through the start menu, by entering the Regedit directive into the search field.
You can open the registry editor using the Win + R shortcut and the regedit command.
- At the initial stage of work, the user may be prompted by the program to issue a command where confirmation is required if “User Account Control” is enabled in the software. Next, a window will open in which it is necessary, for the successful implementation of the conceived, to select the HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE folder, click on it with the right button of the manipulator, thus going to the “Search” mode.
- In the window that pops up on the monitor, enter the OEMBackground command, after which a list of options will open, from which you will need to uncheck the “checkboxes”: from all but the item “Parameter names”. We confirm the stipulated actions by choosing the “Find Next” directive, which will allow you to go to the next search window.
You can get quick access to the Background folder by following the path: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE \ SOFTWARE \ Microsoft \ Windows \ Current Version \ Authentication \ LogonUI \ Background
- In the section that appears, we are looking for the OEMBackground, by opening the folder, go to the “DWORD parameter changes” category where you need to change the default value of “Zero” to the number one.
Change the value to 1
If the ultimate goal was to remove the screensaver, then at this stage the work can be considered completed, otherwise, to install a different background, you will need to perform several more manipulations:
- Go to the settings at C: \ Windows \ System32 \ Oobe, then, in the opened segment, create a folder named info.
- And there’s one more, with the name “backgrounds”, into which you will need to load a graphic screensaver, interesting for the consumer. The procedure for executing the interchange of images determines the format of a suitable image, for the possibility of its operation: JPG, weighing no more than 256 kilobytes.
- We proceed to setting the background: it is necessary to change the image name from the standard name to backgroundDefault.jpg.
It remains only to restart the laptop. If the actions are performed correctly, then the user will already be able to enjoy the installed image during the trial download, instead of the standard background.
The following versions after the seven also require, in order to remove the background graphics of the software launch, intervention in the OS, however, the process is slightly different. Consider how to set up a greeting using the example of Windows 10:
- Similar to the previous instructions, go to the information node HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE. To remove the greeting, you need to select the SOFTWARE folder, with a consecutive transition to the Policies section, where you can mark the Microsoft item, after which the consumer will be able to enter the Windows registry.
- In the specified archiver, using the manipulator, on the free field, you must select the directive "Create DWORD 32 parameter", giving it the name NoLockScreen.
- It remains only to expand the renamed parameter, to detail the content, enter one denominator in it, certify the action and check the result by pressing the combination of the Win and L commands.
Provided that the user wishes to delete, in addition to the welcome graphics, the existing passwords, you will need to remove the blocking command. To do this, you will need to find the “Login Parameters” in the settings of the computer device and remove the blocking elements, or disable the automated login to the system, if you only need to remove the distracting screensavers, with the need to leave the PIN.
Installing a third-party application as an option to change the screen saver
The need for procedural replacement of the graphical background of the login to the system often arises not only among professionals or confident PC users, but also among beginners. For the latter category of people, the previous version is not the correct solution to the problem, since it implies the fulfillment of tasks, the incorrect implementation of which may affect the functionality of the device. The question of how to change the welcome screen also implies a less complicated solution, by installing a third-party utility. In this case, intervention in the operating system of the computer device is not required: you can change the welcome screen of a system running on Windows 7 by specifying subjective preferences in the downloaded and installed utility.
The program Logon Background Changer is the most popular utility among applications of the stipulated class. To use it, just download the application, and you can begin working directly with it, without the need for a specific utility installation or making changes to the system work. The application has an interesting and at the same time concise interface, where the following options are available for implementation:
- The ability to view images set as a background input.
- Images available to change screen.
- Settings of the utility, in which the user can specify the parameters of interest, the style of the screen, the tone and quality indicators of the pictures.
- Select the directory where the electronic path to the folder from which the images will be applied is indicated.
- Key for confirming the changes made.
- The use of full-mode format.
As a wallpaper, you can set both the graphics available to the program, and use a third-party image or photo uploaded to a specific folder on the computer, specifying the path to it using the options of the Choose a folder utility. After the user chooses a picture he likes, you just need to confirm the action and restart the laptop to check the completed operation.
By installing a conditional application, you can solve not only the question of how to change the welcome image on Windows 7, but also replace the background version on later versions of the OS, including 8, 8.1 and even 10, which by default have no audio tracking of the computer device.
On the seven, you can also replace the background image of the conditioned category with the help of applications such as Tweakslogon Changer, Logon Screen Rotator, however, these utilities do not always authorize the possibility of changing the graphic maintenance of the laptop download on subsequent, upgraded software versions.
The question of how to change the greeting sound is often solved in parallel with the change in the background image that appears when the computer boots. To change the audio tracking of the process of turning on the device, you also need to download a special application called Startup Sound Changer. This is a narrow utility that has a narrow specialization, used to replace the sound of turning on the computer on Windows 7 systems as well as on subsequent versions. The utility allows you to set as a ringtone any file downloaded to the program, provided that the format of the audio file is WAV.
You can also change the input music using the system settings. To do this, you need to go through the “Sound” settings, to the “Default” item, where in the “Sound scheme” section, choose for each of the modes, namely PC startup, shutdown and other processes, a melody from those available in the system. You can verify a ringtone on a product not from the list of standard ones in the “Sounds” line, which is located at the bottom of the window that opens: enter the downloaded file in WAV format and confirm the command by pressing the “Apply” button. In the same window, you can completely remove the soundtrack from the taskbar when the computer is booted, by removing the "checkmark" next to the "Play Windows Startup melody" item.
Disabling through the local category Group Policy Editor
The most frequently asked question is the dilemma of how to remove the welcome screen on Windows 10, in which, by default, when loading, the personal data of the owner is displayed. This can be done using both the previous methods and, by applying the method of editing computer network policy. To remove the welcome screen, it is necessary, via the Run command or pressing the Win and R combination, go to the Local Group Policy Editor, where you can go to the Administrative Templates list. The window that opens will contain a registry of folders, among which you must select "Control Panel", and go to the "Personalization" menu. In the list of opened commands, it is necessary to select the item “Prevent display of the lock screen”, disable the task by alternately ticking the “Enabled” option and confirming the directive with the “OK” button. When you correctly turn off the login style on Windows 10, when you later start the laptop, the user will immediately see a window for entering the password, without preliminary, distracting graphics modes.
In parallel with disabling greetings in Windows 10, the operating system allows both to change the graphic design of the display, and fill it with sounds. To do this, in the category of administrative or managerial templates, you will need to select the “System” section, and then go to the list item under the “Login” heading, where a window will open, in the command list of which you must select “Always use a custom login background”, confirm the command and set the Windows 10 greeting policy settings. Next, you will need to select the files preferred for graphic and sound playback on the computer device, set them as produced programs. mmnym software. To check the result, it is enough to restart the PC, using this method, verifying the effectiveness of the operations performed. The stipulated time limit allows you to change the greeting on OS versions 8, 10, and on Windows 7.
The standard computer startup screen often, over time, bothers the device owner, causing a peculiar irritation that affects the subsequent performance of a person. It is worth noting that such an assertion is a proven, scientific way, a fact: scientists have confirmed the interrelation of distracting elements on a computer screen and the unfavorable emotional and psychological state of a person.
Eliminating or modifying the PC startup screen allows modern technological solutions both by interfering with the PC system and installing third-party applications, which authorizes the user to convert any irritating boot background on the monitor to any category.