PicsArt is a powerful application that has gained popularity on Android before the release of the iPhone version. Most application developers find it easier to create programs only for iOS, since they don’t have to deal with Android fragmentation due to the large number of devices and OS versions. PicsArt, a “buffet” of editing, improving and sharing photos on smartphones, overcame this obstacle and became a real success story of software on Android.
Photo editing in PicsArt.
The main tools of the program
PicsArt Photo Studio is an easy-to-use photo editor, collage maker and powerful drawing tool. It has been appreciated by millions of users around the world who share their amazing creations daily with members of the Pixart community. Whatever you like, PicsArt has everything you need to create and post stunning photos.
To get acquainted with the main tools run the program. Click the pink plus to go to the edit start menu. Here you can select or make a new photo for further processing, as well as create a collage. Select the image you want to edit. An image editing window will open. Below are the main tools of the application. To view all editing options, scroll to the right. Toolbar includes:
- Add a photo.
- In the square.
- The border.
In the upper part of the edit window there is also a undo / redo action panel. The arrow on the left will take you back to the selection of the image to be edited. The arrows in the middle of the panel are designed to undo or redo the changes. The arrow on the right completes and saves the project. Consider the basic elements of editing and the main tools of the program in more detail.
Here are collected various image processing tools. The "Cut" command allows you to crop and preserve certain proportions of the photo. For example, using 1: 1 format after cropping the photo will become square. "Free Cut" allows you to create stickers and cutouts from a free-form photo. To select an object or person, fill it with your finger or stylus. The Cutout tool has a similar function, only here it is enough to select its object to select an object. To add a selection, slide your finger over the desired place in the picture, and it will be added to your neckline. To remove a cutout, use the Eraser tool. As a result, you get your own sticker that you can use in other images or send in chat.
Also available is the Cut Form tool, which allows you to select a specific shape. A choice of simple geometric shapes (square, circle, rhombus, etc.) and the usual forms of heart, star, lightning, etc.) are available. Set the size of the selection and place it in the right place of the photo. To crop and save a new photo or sticker, select the desired areas and click on the arrow in the upper right corner. Other editing tools are also available here:
- Dispersion - allows you to select a part of the image and divide it into many small pieces of the mosaic. You can choose the direction, size, fading dispersion, etc.
- Clone is a standard tool for any image editor. Available selection point cloning settings brush and eraser.
- Stretching - contains the tools Bend, Vortex, Compression, etc.
- Movement - select an area and make it “move” in a certain direction.
- Selection - select the area of the image for copying, cutting, inversion, etc.
- Customize - the tool allows you to play with lights and colors (brightness, contrast, etc.).
- Tilt-Shift - focus on a certain place in the image, blurring everything else.
- Perspective - pull the image to the side or at a certain angle to get a different perspective.
- Size - changes the image size.
- Rotate - rotate or flip the image.
Next are the effects (filters). To customize each effect separately, click on its icon twice. Here are the effects of Magic, Pop Art, Paper, Warp, etc.
To add text, select “Text” in the toolbar and enter it. The following settings are available:
- Color (Gradient and Texture tools are also available).
- Stroke - the color and thickness of the text outline.
- Shadow - color, location, transparency, etc.
- Orientation - vertical or horizontal text.
add a photo
Select the image or photo you want to add to the current one. To edit a picture, select it and select an effect. Here you can edit the image in the same way as using the toolbar. For example, you can use Cut to remove the background. To blend the picture with the background, use the function "Transparency".
What you need to get started
Before using PicsArt, it is better to register in the system. This will open access to the social life of photo editor users. Also, you should first keep copies of your photos on another medium. For example, on a home PC or in the cloud. Any incorrect saving when used on Android will permanently deprive you of your favorite photo.
Some unique features
Unique features that make PicsArt the best photo editing application.
Retouching and composition tools, text
The software has several excellent photo retouching tools, such as shadows, highlights, temperature, contrast, sharpness, curves, sharpness and composition settings, cutout, resizing, perspective, rotation, stretching, highlighting, free cutout, etc. These tools are often used by professional photographers. The function is useless for smartphones with a small screen, but is suitable for tablets. You can draw on a blank page or image. There are various brushes and the ability to use layers, as in Photoshop. The project can be saved in the PicsArt format to finish editing later. You can also record and share slow-motion drawing process. The program allows you to add text to images or blank pages. It can be mixed, flipped, reflected and even added texture and gradient. The application has its own collection of fonts that can be replenished and updated.
Built-in camera, effects and creative filters
The program supports the camera function and has many effects that can be used as live filters. PicsArt has not only simple, but also creative filters, divided into different categories. You can change the transparency, add blending, or even erase the effect. The combination of various filters and retouching tools will give good results. Along with these functions there are options for adding masks, stamps, form masks, frames, footnotes, etc. It has a large collection of fonts, stickers, backgrounds, collages, frames, masks, etc. Most of the unique additions are paid. Prisma-like effects for photos and videos have been added to the latest PicsArt updates. The developer also launched the Remix Me feature, turning photo editing into a social experiment, not at all similar to what we saw in the no longer existing Dubble application. Its functions are similar to Prisma, but better and faster. The creators call this magic, because the program automatically analyzes the photo, and then in seconds it redraws it in a new artistic style.
More than 2 million free custom stickers created by the app community, and thousands more available in the PicsArt store - you are guaranteed to find something that you enjoy! If you cannot find something suitable, PicsArt easily allows you to create your own stickers and share them with the world! How to make your own stickers and share them:
- Open the app and click on the pink plus sign.
- Choose a photo for a future sticker or take a new picture.
- After loading the image, select the Cut tool.
- Circle the object for your future sticker with your finger or stylus. Click on the arrow in the upper right corner.
- If necessary, refine your choice using the icons at the bottom of the screen. The brush allows you to mark additional areas, and the eraser - to remove parts of the selection. When done, click on the arrow in the upper right corner.
- Describe the new sticker with hashtags. This is very important, because thanks to them your search sticker will be much easier to find.
- Click Share to place a sticker on your PicsArt profile. To send a sticker to your friends via Remix Chat, click “Save”, then Send.
Done! You did it.
Experience the "magic" of effects based on artificial intelligence. Each of the built-in custom magical effects turns photos into a completely new masterpiece. For example, try a new hair color:
- Open the photo in the editor and tap the Effects icon, then Magic.
- Choose your favorite photo effect.
- Click on the eraser at the top of the screen and erase the photo effect anywhere except the hair.
- Click on the checkbox to confirm, then "Apply".
- Save your changes and share them on PicsArt!
Remix Chat is a completely new way to share photos with friends and edit them. Thanks to the full integration of PicsArt photo editor, your conversations will never be the same. After posting a photo through Remix Chat, each participant will be able to make his own “remix” - with the help of editing tools in PicsArt, filters, masks, photo effects and more than 10, 000 stickers. You can edit the photo directly in the message. After that, users can make remixes to infinity. How to use Remix Chat:
- Click on the pink plus sign at the bottom of the screen, click "Edit" and select an image to edit with one or more friends.
- The image will open in the photo editor, where you can edit it if you like. When done, click on the arrow in the upper right corner.
- Click “Upload privately” to save the image in your account, or “Share” to publish it. At the bottom of the screen, select "Remix with friends." Enter usernames and click on the pink arrow icon.
- To access all your posts, click on the chat icon in the upper right corner of the Browse page and go to the Remix Chat tab.
Creating a collage
On the main screen of the program, click the pink plus.
- Scroll through the list to the Collages row and select Grid.
- Select all the images you want to include in the collage. When done, click the arrow in the upper right corner of the window.
- Drag an image to place it in another collage window.
- You can adjust the size of each photo in the collage using two fingers.
- Click on the template you want to use.
- If you want to apply an effect, crop, rotate, flip, or delete one of the images, use the icons on the bottom toolbar for this.
- When you're done, click the arrow symbol in the upper right corner of the window to save the collage.
Your image will be automatically opened in the photo editor. Click the arrow icon to finish.
PicsArt makes it easy to share images on popular social networks such as Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, and WhatApp, as well as in the PicsArt online community. Photos can be sent via email, via messenger or set as smartphone wallpaper, regardless of its operating system. Like on Instagram, PicsArt offers a built-in community where you can follow other users' posts, post reposts or comment on their photos.
The social network of the program is constantly evolving, although the popularity of Flickr or Instagram is still very far away. When uploading an image, you can add keywords and location tags, indicate whether the photo should be private or public (by default), and also indicate whether it contains adult content. The application and the PicsArt website in this regard allow you to perform all standard actions on social networks - comment, add to favorites and subscribe. The social part of the application interface is well thought out and intuitive. It is possible to view the top hashtags or pages of authors, as well as search for more specific images.
Deleting an account and a program is performed by the standard method - through the settings menu of the smartphone. Open Settings, scroll down to the bottom of the page and select Applications / All applications. In the list of installed programs, find PicsArt and click it. Click Clear Cache, Clear Data, Stop, and then Delete. Done!
When a subscription is disabled, the user can use the license privileges for a while until the paid period ends. After that, payments will stop, and premium features will be unavailable.
PicsArt uses the opposite approach to improving photos compared to Instagram. If the latter emphasizes simplicity, PicsArt offers many more options for image editing. Not only are his filters more customizable, he offers drawing, editing and editing tools in Photoshop style.