The development of technology in recent years has greatly expanded the capabilities of smartphones, and Google’s development with every Android update delights users not only with improvements, but also with new options. Starting with the version of Android OS 6.0, the ability of using the Instant Apps function appeared in the system functionality. Google's innovative solution in the form of a built-in tool makes working with the Play Market much more comfortable, and also solves the problem of insufficient memory on the device, which is sometimes a key point when working with applications on a smartphone.
Use the instant start feature.
What it is
Many have already heard about the release of Instant Apps, and even know what it is. The technology was introduced by Google in 2016, and from next year, products supporting the option began to appear in the app store, and during that time, users were able to evaluate its usability. Of course, not everyone knows what this program is and how it is useful, so let's take a closer look at what Instant Apps are.
The function allows you to test the application from the Google Play Market without installing it, downloading only a small file. The device’s memory is not limitless, moreover, not all programs can be moved to the SD card, so sometimes you even have to delete the installed application to download a new one and it’s not a fact that it is really necessary. If you don’t like the product, it’s not always easy to remove it, many of them leave behind a bunch of tails, putting roots in the system, so special software is often required to completely remove the package and components that go into the load. With Instant Apps, this problem is solved. Now, in order to evaluate the software with all its capabilities, it is not necessary to download the application to the smartphone while taking up the memory of the device. Having tested the program or game, the user can decide for himself whether to install the full version of the product.
Translated Instant Apps sounds like "applications with instant launch." Thanks to technology, you will significantly save time and protect yourself from unnecessary actions to install and remove software, in the event that the product is not liked. While not all applications support the option, because the introduction of Instant Apps in each specific software depends on its developers. So, if you have the support function on the application page in the Google Play Market store, you will see the “Try Now” button next to the familiar “Install”, which means you can test the software before installation. Clicking this button downloads a small file with a demo version of the product, which will be deleted after closing the application.
Advantages and disadvantages of technology
Not all the functionality of Android comes to taste to users. Like any software solution, Instant Apps also has advantages and disadvantages, so for a clearer picture of the tool, consider the positive and negative aspects of the new service from Google.
- Small amount of memory required to download software with Instant Apps;
- Implementing an option in the Play Market app store, which makes it easy to use the service;
- High speed file downloads;
- The option supports a large number of devices running on the Android OS;
- Saving device resources, because the function allows you to evaluate the application without downloading its full version;
- The ability to share your favorite software by sending the user a copied link;
- In addition to downloading the demo versions of the software, there is the ability to view web versions of sites.
- Support for the function is not provided by older versions of Android;
- Currently there are not so many applications with technology support. The fact is that the developer himself has to technically implement the option in his product and in practice this is not very active;
- The Instant Apps option is automatically implemented and updated, which is not pleasant to many users and is perceived as imposing, although Google considers such actions to be the norm.
How to use Instant Apps
The Instant Apps feature is standard for Android and is active by default, but if it is supported by the device and is not turned on for any reason, then this is easy to do:
- In the settings of the device go to the section Google;
- Select the item “Applications with instant launch” and drag the slider to the active position.
The function is activated and you now have the opportunity to use it. To do this, follow these steps:
- Go to the application store Play Market, find the software of interest;
- On the page of the application that supports the function, we see two buttons “Try” and “Install”. To see the review version of the program, click the first;
- When the trial file is uploaded, the system will notify you about it;
- After reviewing the user agreement, click "Continue";
- When the download is complete, the demo version of the application will start immediately;
- You will be able to appreciate some of the software’s capabilities laid out by the developer in the trial version, and if you like the product, you can download it from Google Play by clicking on the appropriate button;
- After downloading the full version will be available all the features of the program.
There are few applications that support the demo mode, but the popularity of Instant Apps is growing, and well-known developers are beginning to implement the function in their products. It is easy to find out which software can be pre-evaluated using the option - on its page, in addition to the download button, there is a “Try” button.
How to remove or disable
As mentioned above, Instant Apps is constantly updated, which on the one hand is even good, but not always appealing to users. Not everyone likes that the software does not ask the owner of the device whether he needs an update or not. It will not be possible to ban the execution of automatic updates, as well as to delete the service, but you can turn off Instant Apps on your phone. The procedure will be the inverse of the activation function:
- Go to the device settings;
- Choose Google;
- In the column “Applications with instant launch” we deactivate the function by dragging the slider to the off position.
If you want to completely get rid of Instant Apps, as is the case with other standard Google services, for this you will need root-rights. Only when you open root-access, you get the opportunity to delete any system components at your discretion.
Instant Launch Applications
If you want to use the option, but do not know where to find software that supports Instant Apps, take a look at the Google Play store. A new special section “Instant launch” has already appeared here, which contains applications that have this function. Users of devices running on Android Marshmallow and newer versions will be able to evaluate the software without downloading it to the device’s memory. By the way, the tool is very useful in case of doubts about the purchase of paid software, since the demo version will let you know whether to spend money on the application. So, you can save not only the time and resources of the device, but also your own money.
The advantages of using the technology far outweigh the disadvantages, moreover, more and more developers are introducing tools into their products, so the list of software in the quick launch section of the application store will soon increase significantly.