The process is a simple and convenient control for Weather, Stocks and News programs (mainly on Samsung smartphones and tablets). The program is the most likely cause of high data consumption and traffic consumption. The requested data is used by other utilities, such as Alarm, Camera, S-Planner Desk Clock and others. The more cities in weather tools and more calendar entries, the more requests. So, how can you fix data usage and battery Unified Daemon?
Work with the application Unified Daemon.
What it is
As already mentioned, if you have many entries in the system log, it needs to make more requests. There are two ways to minimize battery usage with Unified Daemon. With the first method you can increase the interval, and the second method you can completely disable the program. If the program is disabled, the data will no longer be updated.
Unified Daemon Application
If Unified Daemon consumes too much mobile Internet and data, you can choose a longer update interval in Android settings and limit the background data of the application. However, do not completely disable the daemon, because other applications may not work properly. Firstly, you can change the update period of Unified Daemon to Samsung Galaxy S5, S4, Note 4 and Note 3. For each program in the settings you can set your own update interval (3, 6 or 12 hours).
The second method works very well, but if you disable the process, the mentioned data will not be updated. Follow the instructions below to do this.
- Go to “Settings” - “Data usage”.
- Find “Unified Daemon” and select “Limit Background Data”.
Once you are done, the use of battery and Unified Daemon data will be significantly lower.
Component terminating unexpectedly
If the background application Unified Daemon often freezes, you should clear the saved files once and restart your smartphone. Proceed as follows:
- Open the Android settings.
- Go to “Application manager” (or “Applications”) and click on it.
- Find here the string “Unified Daemon” (or “Weather Daemon”) and click on the application.
- In the "Memory" section you will find the "Clear Data" and "Clear Cache" options.
- First click on the "Delete cache" button.
- Now click “Delete data” and confirm “Delete application data?” With the “OK” button.
- Restart your smartphone or tablet.