Most likely, you have already encountered a problem when the PC freezes while it is running, and the Task Manager process is detected in the Task Manager, which loads the system. Or suddenly, a window pops up on the screen with a message that an error occurred in this process. The notification is shown right in the middle of the working field, and you need to close it yourself (but it appears again). What it is and how to get rid of the problem, we will tell further.
Uninstall process taskeng.exe.
Taskeng exe: what is this process in the Task Manager?
If you read various articles, you will see a significant difference in the definition of taskeng.exe: some write that it is a virus, others classify it as an innocuous system process. Both are right: the service itself is neutral and belongs to the Task Scheduler - it helps the timely execution of tasks that you gave to the system (for example, automatic cleaning of the trash, alarm, etc.). But sometimes it is really dangerous:
- When consuming a large amount of CPU and RAM resources.
- When not in the System32 folder assigned to it (press Ctrl + Alt + Del, go to the Task manager and select taskeng.exe from the list, and then click RMB and look at the location).
- Not labeled with a “Microsoft” digital signature. In the same task manager, open the properties of the process and check if there is a signature and to whom it belongs.
- An annoying error window appears.
All this testifies to two things: either malware was “hidden” behind the name of the system process, or an OS error occurred.
How to remove taskeng.exe virus
When the annoying taskeng window pops up. exe or system resources are mercilessly spent, you need to try to fix something in Task Scheduler first:
- Find it through the "Search" Windows, click RMB and run as Administrator.
- Turn on the display of hidden tasks (at the top for this is the item "View").
- Disable User Feed Synchronization and Office Background Task (right-click and select the appropriate option).
- In the Local and Library tabs, find the Shutdown option and disable it - this will help you if after the appearance of the window with taskend.exe the computer turns off by itself.
Thus, we have considered how to remove a constantly appearing window on the computer screen. If this is just a bug in Windows 7 (8, 10), then the problem is finally solved, and if we are dealing with a virus, then this was only the first stage of its destruction.
How to remove taskeng.exe using programs
If you are thinking about how to remove the taskeng.exe virus forever and completely, then it is better to get an antivirus program and run a full scan of all files. But remember that the utility should be reliable: system optimizers with the “anti-malware protection function” will not work. Found infected files can be moved to quarantine or deleted, depending on the recommendation of the antivirus. Often taskend.exe turns out to be so insidious that it interrupts the task of the defender - in this case it is better to perform scanning through the “Safe Mode” (restart + a few clicks on the F8 key). After detecting and eliminating the virus, you need to download CCleaner or another similar program and analyze the registry, and then fix the errors (this process is automated). To make sure that the malware does not damage important system components, call the "Command Line" (you can go through the "Search"), write there: "sfc / scannow" (lower quotes) and press "Enter". After restarting the PC will start working normally. If the windows still pop up and the process absorbs resources, then something serious has happened to the computer:
- motherboard broke;
- weakened power supply and does not supply enough electricity, which is why the system slows down and makes mistakes;
- the layout of the hard disk has suffered (for example, dust has got into);
- the video adapter is broken (remember if you did not perform overclocking / undervolting);
- Some of the elements of RAM burned down (most often dust is also to blame).
In these cases, you must contact the service center. And remember that software diagnostics of a video card and hard drive can be dangerous in some cases: it accelerates devices to the limit, they can fail completely.