Error 0x000022 appears in two cases:
- during the regeneration of the system from the control point;
- when you try to activate a hacked game or program.
The accompanying message states that the application can not be initialized or that the libraries do not have any .dll files, without which the normal operation of the OS is impossible.
Error elimination 0xc0000022.
Causes of error
When an unexpected error occurs when restoring the system (under the code 0hs0000022), then there may be three reasons:
- lack of necessary elements in the library;
- boot entry corruption.
If the error occurred when starting a game or another program, then another broken crack and incompatibility with the OS are added to this list. Often the creators of hacking keys themselves forget to add important elements to the distribution.
Error during startup programs
To fix the error that occurred when the program was started, try the following:
- Download Nvidia or Microsoft DirectX drivers. The choice depends on the nature of the received message about the lack of files in the library: if it starts with the letters "nv ...", then you need to install elements for Nvidia, and if with "d3d ...", then for DirectX.
- Check for viruses as the program itself, and the system as a whole. Use a reliable antivirus from some well-known company, run a full scan and wait for the process to finish, and then fix the corrupted registry files using the CCleaner utility.
- Check the integrity of the elements of the OS and restore them if it detects damage. To do this, click Win + R, type in “cmd” and click “OK”, and wait until a window with a black field appears. Write there: “sfc / scannow” (without quotes) and confirm the action with the “Inter” key. The same can be done if an error message appears when the system is regenerated from the bootable media (disk, flash drive). Only to call the “Command Line” you will need to press Shift + F10, and in case of damage to the record itself, specify the commands Bootrec.exe / FixMbr and then Bootrec.exe / FixBoot.
- Install updates for this application. Sometimes they are downloaded automatically, but not installed, waiting for your permission, then check the Update Center.
The appearance of a message with the code 0hs0000022 when starting games
If the error occurred when starting the game, it is advisable to try all the methods from the previous chapter, because the reasons are the same: viruses, unspecified updates, lack of files in the library, etc. Often the problem is solved much easier than it seems: if you installed the game through one additional user account (not the admin), and then logged into another and trying to start it, then you may encounter the mentioned error. Just click on the shortcut with the right mouse button and select Run As Administrator. In most cases, it helps to fix the problem and start the game. If the game is equipped with a so-called “tablet” (hacking program), do not disregard the probability that the file that needs to replace the original in the root folder is not really working. Try searching for another distribution.
Application incompatibility with OS version
Often when opening programs, the problem is their compatibility with the OS: an error when starting the application may appear suddenly, even if before that it worked fine on the same PC. This is due to the regular and non-synchronous release of update packages for both the system and programs. Right-click on the application / game icon and expand Properties. Find the Compatibility item, the line that says "Run the program in compatibility mode ..." and select Windows XP with Service Pack 3. If the problem persists, you can choose Windows XP with Service Pack 2.
You can also use the built-in OS option "Correcting compatibility problems." To do this, right-click on the shortcut of the program that does not want to run and select the appropriate item. The service itself will determine what the hitch is and offer you a suitable solution.