Dism ++ is a free program that automates the useful functions of the Windows utility of the same name. With it, you can clear the cache and other garbage, manage applications, passwords, create copies of system files, restore the OS - and all this without much manipulation with manual settings.
How to work with the program Dism ++.
How to work with Dism commands in Windows 10
When problems arise in the OS, you can eliminate them with the help of Dism options - then you will understand how to use them without and with the application. There are three main commands that we will need:
- CheckHealth - OS diagnostics;
- ScanHealth - control diagnostics;
- RestoreHealh - fix problems found.
Before using such options manually (via the Command Line), it is worth making a copy of the OS or acquiring a boot disk just in case. If you have installed Dism ++, it is more secure, because the application itself performs the necessary actions on your command. The above options in this case are grouped into sections, depending on the user's needs, and their action is described in Russian.
Using the CheckHealth option in Dism
As already mentioned, the CheckHealth team in Dism is responsible for the primary diagnostics of the OS and the search for problems, but nothing more. She can not fix the problem. In order to manually activate an option, you need the following:
- Open "Search Windows" and write "Command line".
- Wait for the application to appear in the list, and right-click on it.
- You need to select “Run As Administrator” so that the system does not block the request in the future.
- In the black field we write: “DISM / Online / Cleanup-Image / CheckHealth” without quotes and click “Enter”.
Now wait for the program to check everything and make a verdict. Even if you see a message stating that no damage was detected, do not stop and go to the next command. The utility for Windows Dism ++ works differently: open the Advanced tab - Restore and follow the instructions.
Using the ScanHealth Option in Dism
This option re-checks the system for errors, and more slowly and thoroughly than the previous one.
- Again, open the "Command Line" (do not forget, we need to specify: "Run As Administrator") and run the Dism command: DISM / Online / Cleanup-Image / ScanHealth.
- We are waiting for the completion of the operation. If in the process damage is detected, proceed to regeneration.
Using the RestoreHealth Option in Dism
RestoreHealh exists to restore system files. It also starts via Command Line.
- Run the command: DISM / Online / Cleanup-Image / RestoreHealth.
- We click "Inter".
- We are waiting for the results of regeneration.
It is possible that when the check is completed by a quarter, the percent counter will freeze for a while - do not be alarmed, it should be so.
Using RestoreHealth and Source Options in Dism
If the system is badly damaged, an OS image file recorded on removable media will be required to restore it. The Dism RestoreHealh team will contact them and fix the problems. For this to happen, you need to tell her the location of the necessary components through the option Sourse.
- Run the Command Line (remember about "Run As Administrator").
- Enter the command: DISM / Online / Cleanup-Image / RestoreHealth / Source: boot_disc name \ reinstall.wim and click "Inter"
If The Update Center aggressively offers itself as a source of components, you can control its activity by installing: DISM / Online / Cleanup-Image / RestoreHealth /Source:upload_disc_install.wim / LimitAccess. Note that the OS on the disk (flash drive) must match the current one in order to avoid problems.
Using Dism with Install Esd
If you upgraded Windows to a higher version, then on the system disk may remain suitable components for the regeneration of the system, you can specify the path to them. The service starts as follows:
- Open Command Line (and again via Run As Administrator).
- Type: DISM / Online / Cleanup-Image / RestoreHealth /Source:C:$Windows.~BT\Sources\Install.esd and click “Inter.”
Again, with the persistent recommendations of the "Update Center", you can enter the command: DISM / Online / Cleanup-Image / RestoreHealth /Source:C:$Windows.~BT\Sources\Install.esd / LimitAccess. Thus, it will not bother you and divert attention from the RestoreHealth options.
How to fix problems with Windows 10
Dism has in its arsenal another useful feature designed to detect errors and restore normal operation of Windows - SFC.
- Run Command Line again as administrator.
- Enter in the window: sfc / scannow and click "Enter".
In order for the operation to succeed, it may be necessary to start the service three times: after completion, restart the computer and check if the errors have disappeared.
The program Dism ++ has the same set of tools for restoring the Windows 7, 8, 10 system, only all the functions are automated. Daily tasks such as:
- cleanup — deletes the cache, garbage, temporary files, etc .;
- Startup - control over programs that run with the OS;
- application management - remove any applications, including those that come bundled with the OS;
- OS optimization - speeding up work, making secure changes to registry entries, removing useless widgets, prohibiting auto-updates, managing a firewall;
- driver management - delete, get information about them;
- update management - a list of current updates, the output of applications that require them, the ability to remove newly installed versions;
located in the left column of the menu. Features that are used less often are combined under the heading "Advanced". In this section are placed:
- account management - recovering and changing passwords, adding and deleting users;
- OS diagnostics and recovery (here everything that we described above is performed in order automatically);
- recovery downloads;
- Return to the previous OS version.
Also, Dism ++ has a curious feature for corporate PCs (for example, for computer classes, offices, etc.) - recording a customized OS image. This means that the system that will be installed on a PC already contains all the programs necessary for the operation, and they will not have to be installed on each computer separately. You can find this option in the “Deployment” tab. True, to use it, you need to have some knowledge of operating systems. In the same way, you can immediately personalize your PC by integrating your account into it and bypassing the re-registration procedure in Windows. For this, there is a tab "Answer file". The contents of the file are recorded on the boot disk, and then, during the installation, instead of the user name and password, press the key combination: CTRL + SHIFT + F3.