The development and availability of modern information technologies has led to the fact that at present every second inhabitant of the Earth is constantly in possession of some kind of electronic mobile device, most of which are running the Android operating system. For an ordinary, and even for an experienced user, the structure of building an operating system and its operation are incredibly complex and incomprehensible, and the vast majority simply do not know what its mobile device is really capable of. This article focuses on obscure engineering features that can be activated by entering special service codes or otherwise “secret” service codes, as well as their practical benefits, and whether they can harm the device.
Selection of secret codes for Android devices.
Concept and types
It should be understood that information about "secret codes" (they are engineering and service ones) is rarely found in official sources of this or that developer / manufacturer of mobile devices. First of all, this is due to the fact that their use is not designed for the usual average user. The service code opens a number of narrow-profile functions that are used by service center employees to diagnose, debug, or repair smartphones and tablets, because without certain structural knowledge, the use of hidden functions and changing system parameters can harm the device itself.
But knowing them is really useful, and competent use can open up many interesting features and provide useful information about the device, the content of which users do not even realize. There are a huge number of code combinations, and all of them are a combination of numbers with two main symbols “*” (asterisk) and “#” (grid), which are known to all. Structuring all combinations is quite problematic due to their quantitative availability, but this diversity can still be combined into two main types - these are “universal” combinations that work on almost all Android devices, and “optional / individual” that each manufacturer installs for its products.
Already these two main types can be further divided into 3 subgroups, namely:
- "Testing / Testing" - are needed to conduct tests to verify the correctness of the components;
- “Functional” - designed to physically change the parameters of the device, for example, calibration of the touch screen, increase the sound, reset the configuration, etc .;
- "Informational / Informational" - provide full information about the device, IMEI, software version, etc.
As previously announced, representatives of this category are efficient on almost every Android device. The following combinations can be cited as the most useful and at the same time relatively safe options:
- * # 06 # - display information about the IMEI of a mobile device about the benefits of knowing which manufacturers have repeatedly stated;
- * # * # 3264 # * # * - information about the operating memory (RAM) of the device;
- * # * # 232338 # * # * - information about the MAC address of the wireless network module, which is extremely useful when using mac-filtering;
- * # * 232337 # * # * - Bluetooth address;
- * # * # 2663 # * # * - information about the touch screen.
- * # 0 * # - output the results of the test of the overall operation of the operating system;
- * # * # 0 * # * # * - display testing;
- * # * # 2664 # * # * - check the operation of the sensor;
- * # * # 8255 # * # * - check the work of the software package "Google Talk";
- * # * 0842 # * # * - check the correctness of the screen backlight and vibro;
- * # 232339 # - check the functioning of the wireless network;
- * # * 7262626 # * # * - testing of the GSM module;
- * # * 0283 # * # * - data transfer test.
- * # * # 7780 # * # * and * 2767 * 3855 # - full and partial reset of the device configuration;
- # * 5376 # - delete existing SMS messages in the memory;
- # * 2562 #, # * 3851 #, # * 3876 # - forced reboot of the device;
- * # 301279 # - control of the 3G module;
- * # 2263 # - change the working ranges of the mobile network;
- * # * # 273283 * 255 * 663282 * # * # * - create backup media files.
The above examples are not limited to the list, as there are other combinations, the usefulness of which can also be useful to users.
In this category, really useful combinations are extremely small, since their modification is in principle unproductive due to the presence of universal options. Just as it was done above, you should bring only the most interesting combinations used in modern mobile gadgets:
- * # * # 1357946 # * # * is the service code for Huawei products, which allows you to find out the Product ID;
- ## 778 and the call button - activate the EPST menu from Samsung;
- 3845 # * 855 # - activation of the graphic menu for the Russian-speaking segment of users by LG devices;
- * # * # 6484 # * # * and the call button - enter the engineering menu for devices from the company "Xiaomi".
In conclusion, it is worth saying a few words about the application, which can be freely downloaded from the Play Market under the name Secret Codes. This software combines all existing service codes and provides the ability to activate them using the graphical menu. But it should be noted that the latest update of the application was back in 2016, and the combinations that are provided for selection can harm the device if they are thoughtlessly and carelessly used.