CCleaner is an effective program that can fully ensure your safety. Using a full deletion of browser history, cookies, temporary files created during a session, as well as the release of memory on the hard drive, the software restricts access to the PC and the system to potentially dangerous or malicious software. How to use CCleaner, read on.
Instructions for working with CCleaner.
Why do I need a program
The default settings in your computer system or Internet browser automatically collect and create a story that a hacker can use. Every time you use a PC, temporary data is generated and stored in the system. Key features:
- regularly delete the history of your actions and temporary files stored on your computer;
- freeing up space on disks connected to a computer;
- the ability to control which programs are launched when your computer starts;
- and many others.
To delete temporary data created each time you use the software, you need to alternately open the program directories, find, and then manually delete temporary files from them. The software displays a list of installed software and allows you to select the program (s) from which you want to remove all temporary data.IMPORTANT. It is highly recommended that you keep an up-to-date backup of your documents.
CCleaner for Windows 10 is needed to clear the entire browser and the history of recent documents, as well as to save passwords. This is the main task of the application - to minimize the various methods of infection or monitoring of your system.
Introduction to the interface
To delete information permanently (that is, erase it) from the hard disk, the data must be overwritten by any other. The software must be configured to overwrite any deleted data in order to safely delete it. The program can also safely delete old information, freeing up additional free disk space. Cleaning your computer with CCleaner is a relatively simple and quick procedure. After installing the application, it is recommended to restart the PC. Before you start using the software, it must be configured to safely remove all temporary documents. To configure the application, follow these steps:
- Start - Programs.
- Click Options, and then you can select a language here, and define how CCleaner will delete temporary data and clean disks.
- Click “Data Wipe (Longer)” to enable the drop-down list.
- In the drop-down list, select the item where 3 passes are used.
After you set this parameter, the software will overwrite the folders you have selected for deletion with random data, effectively deleting them from the hard disk. The greater the number of passes, the more your document or folder will be overwritten with random data. This reduces the possibility of restoring this document or folder, but increases the time required for the cleaning process.
Cleaning the hard drive and registry
Whenever you change system configuration information, install software, or perform other normal tasks, these changes are reflected and saved in the Windows registry. To maximize performance, you need to regularly clean your computer. However, over time, the registry accumulates outdated configuration information and settings, including traces of obsolete programs. The Registry option allows you to scan and delete such information, improving the overall function and speed of your system, as well as protecting your privacy and security.
System Waste Cleanup
This feature will remove all temporary data created by Microsoft Windows and most of the applications that you use on your computer.
- Click Start - Programs - CCleaner to activate the CCleaner console.
- Click "Clean". Console CCleaner, responsible for cleaning the system garbage, is divided into two panels. On the left, Windows tabs and applications are displayed, and on the right, empty space for displaying information or the results of a cleaning operation. Below are the buttons "Analysis" and "Cleaning". Using the following steps, you will remove temporary data for items that you have marked on the Windows and Applications tabs. Considering that different users have different programs installed, your own list of applications may be slightly different.
- At the bottom of the list of available operations there is the “Other” tab. When setting some values, a confirmation dialog box appears, explaining what affects each parameter. If you enable the Clear space option, you will significantly increase the time required for the cleaning process; make sure you have at least an hour or more to do this. Check all the settings on the Windows and Applications tabs to ensure that the temporary data is completely cleared. However, it is important to understand which configurations and settings are deleted. Click OK to close the message and continue the deletion process.
- Click Analyze to generate and view a list of various temporary documents available for deletion. Before starting the cleaning process, close all other programs. If you leave them open, CCleaner may not delete all temporary documents associated with these programs.
- Click Yes to continue the search for removal.
- Click "Run Cleaner"
- Click OK to delete temporary documents.
You have successfully deleted your temporary data from the Windows and Applications tabs using CCleaner.
Windows registry cleaning
- Click Registry to clear the registry with CCleaner. The window is divided into the Registry Integrity list and the panel, which is used to display information about any problems detected.
- Check all items in the Registry Cleanup list, and then click Troubleshoot to start scanning for registry problems that need to be fixed; after some time, your results will appear in the window on the right. As a precautionary measure, before you begin to repair the Windows registry, you will be asked to save a backup document. If there is a problem after cleaning the Windows registry, you can restore it to its original state using this backup document.
- Click Correct Selected to activate the confirmation dialog. If you forgot where you saved the registry backup file, simply search for the .reg extension.
- Click "Yes" to back up the registry.
- Click “Save” after you have chosen a location for your backup file. Users with advanced or expert levels will appreciate the ability to fix some problems and ignore others, depending on their requirements. Average users and beginners are advised to simply fix all selected problems.
- Click the arrows to the right or left to view each problem, and then click to fix the selection to fix only those that you noted.
Windows registry is now successfully cured.
The CCleaner deletion and launch functions can increase the overall efficiency of your system. Read more in the instructions for using the program. If you suspect that cleaning the Windows registry has caused a problem with the operation of your system, you can use the registry backup file created in the previous section to restore the original registry and reduce interference with your system. To restore the original registry, follow these steps:
- Select Start - Run to activate the required window, and then enter regedit.
- Click OK to activate the next screen.
- Select “File” - “Import” in the Registry Editor menu bar to activate the “Import Registry Files” screen, and then select your saved document.
- Click “Open” to activate the following confirmation dialog.
- Click OK to complete the restoration of the registry backup file.
Uninstall programsIMPORTANT. Before you begin removing unnecessary software, make sure that the program to be uninstalled is not necessary for the proper operation of your system.
By removing unused or unwanted previously installed software before running CCleaner, you can also delete their temporary files and folders. This can reduce the number of temporary files and folders that need to be deleted, as well as the time required for the cleaning process. The CCleaner uninstall feature is equivalent to the Uninstall a program feature found in the control panel. The “Delete” function functions more clearly and quickly. To start the removal of obsolete programs, follow these steps:
- Launch CCleaner from the icon on the desktop or from the Start - Programs - CCleaner menu.
- Click Tools and then Uninstall Programs to activate the following screen. The buttons to the right of the "Programs to uninstall" list are activated only after you select a program.
- Select a program from the “Programs to Uninstall” list, and then click Uninstall to remove the selected program. Advanced or advanced users can use the "Rename" and "Delete" functions, which can be useful for saving certain software. Either of these functions ensures that you are aware of the existence of this utility, while keeping it safe from hostile or malicious parties who may use your software or its data for personal purposes.
- Click Rename to rename this utility. Click "Remove" to remove the software from this list without uninstalling it.
The automatic startup program is configured to start automatically when the computer is turned on. Startup programs can affect the use of system resources and slow down your computer during startup.
- Click Tools, and then Startup to activate the following screen.
- Select the software from those listed in the Launch panel, and then click Disable to prevent the application from starting automatically when the computer is turned on.
Find duplicate files
To run the tool, open CCleaner, then Tools, and then select "Search for duplicates." Here is a list of parameters that allows you to compare files and determine which of them can be deleted:
- The size;
- Date of change;
Check that all these parameters were checked, then the file comparison was more accurate. You can choose which files to ignore using the checkboxes in the “Ignore” section. You can then specify additional disks and / or folders to include or exclude using the Include and Exclude tabs. To start the search, click "Search". You can delete files by checking the box and selecting “Delete.” Please note that this is not safe.
The module "Search for duplicates" can search for files with the same name, size, date of change and file contents, however, it cannot determine which files are necessary for the operation of the system and which of them can be safely deleted. For this reason, it is recommended to check the path to the file and, if necessary, the file itself, to make sure that it is in fact a duplicate and is not needed on your computer. You can open the file from the Duplicate Finder screen by right-clicking "Open path to file", then double-clicking the file in the window that opens. It is also not recommended to delete duplicates that are located in the C: \ Program Files folder, since it is likely that these files will be required to run the programs. It is usually safe to remove duplicate copies of your personal images or movies, but still make sure that you check the file path and the contents of the files before deleting.
To go to the application settings, click the corresponding button in the left pane.
The main parameters of the CCleaner
It contains the basic parameters for the program, for example, autoload or context menu options. You can also choose the type of deletion that the program uses, and also configure CCleaner so that it does not delete passwords. For most users, simple file deletion is sufficient. Wipe Free Space - here is a selection of hard drives for cleaning.
Here you can set up a cleaner and choose which cookies to delete each run or which ones to ignore. If you visit certain sites, such as Google or Windows Live, you can set CCleaner to ignore cookies associated with them, so you will not need to log in after the program has finished. Using the arrows in the middle, you can move the cookies that you want to delete or save when you change your mind.
If you use several hard disks, but do not want CCleaner to work on one of them, you can select from it separate folders that will be included in the scan. Click "Add" to open a new window to specify information about the folders you want to add to the scan of your computer. Click "OK" after you finish.
Exclusion options allow you to free a folder from scanning. This is the exact opposite of including folders. Click “Add” and enter the required information. Then click "OK".
This tab offers some additional options. For a regular user, ignore this parameter set. However, if you want to restore the default CCleaner for any reason, you can do this by clicking “Restore Defaults” below or disable them.
To completely remove CCleaner from your computer, use the integrated Add or Remove Programs tool in the control panel. After uninstallation, restart the PC.