Avira Free Antivirus is well-known for providing reliable and comprehensive protection against malicious utilities to its customers. It comes with a list of advanced features, as well as ultra-powerful utilities that were awarded by professionally trained PC experts to help users at all levels maintain a common anti-virus program. Unfortunately, the antivirus is also notorious on the market because it turned out to be the least intrusive version of the tool developed by the software laboratory. A damaged utility causes unpredictable problems for a vulnerable computer system.
How to completely remove Avira from Windows 7 and other versions - let's look further. There is a list of reasons why users can get rid of the software:
- incorrect modification of some system documents or settings;
- another recently installed anti-virus utility;
- other third-party utilities loaded in the system;
- OS critical settings sometimes do not allow to fully activate the software;
- after installing the antivirus, inexplicable errors continue to attack the PC screen.
- the speed of the system suddenly becomes lower without any reason;
- normal third-party applications are not installed completely;
- previously installed third-party utilities, as well as system services are not included;
- unexpected attacks of a tooltip created by an incorrectly installed software do not allow the system to work stably and smoothly;
- Many malicious utilities rush into the system and cause irreparable damage to system files.
Uninstalling Avira Anti-Virus via the control panel
For manual uninstallation of Avira Free Antivirus from a computer, it is necessary that the user be properly trained to use a PC. Any problems encountered during uninstallation can lead to catastrophic system errors, such as a sudden system shutdown, incomprehensible system error messages, irreparably damaged system files, incomplete installation of utilities, and unmanaged malware attacks. Before you take uninstall actions, you can first completely disable the associated processes running in the background.
Get rid of the software with the built-in utility Windows.
How to completely remove Avira from Windows 7:
- “Start” - “Control Panel” - “Programs and Components” - “Delete”;
- select antivirus, then "Delete" to start the task.
For Windows 8 users:
- “Start”, then run “Programs and Features”;
- Highlight AFA and Delete to run the task.
For Windows 10 users:
- "Start", select "All applications";
- select "Uninstall a program."
Below are detailed instructions for all computer users to help uninstall antivirus using Total Uninstaller:
- Manually disable all running anti-virus processes, and then double-click the icon to launch Total Uninstaller.
Total Uninstaller window
- "Perform analysis".
- “Complete Uninstall” to uninstall components after scanning is complete.
- Click “Yes” in the pop-up dialog box, then follow the instructions on how to uninstall the antivirus.
- "Delete" to confirm the action.
- When the pop-up window prompts you to confirm the uninstall, find the Delete button and click it.
- “Check files” and then “Delete remaining files” to complete the task.
- "Yes" in the dialog box to confirm the change.
After the uninstallation is complete, you can return to the Total Uninstaller control panel to remove other applications bundled with the unnecessary utility. If the software does not load into the TU list, you may consider using forced removal to completely get rid of the software. Detailed steps are listed below:
- Click "Can not find the program" to load the wizard custom uninstall;
- click the button on the right to load the utility that you want to uninstall and click Scan;
- forced uninstall mode will begin to completely remove the utility and its remnants.
Manually remove Avira antivirus and using Avira Registry Cleaner
How to completely remove Avira Free Antivirus manually? Perform a complete removal of registry utilities:
- press Win + R and enter regedit;
- find “Export from file”, click “Export” to back up the software files before making changes;
- click “Save” to save the files found on the hard disk;
- return to the registry editor control panel; select “Find” from the “Edit” menu;
- enter "Avira Free Antivirus" and click "Find Next" to see the remnants of the program registry;
- RMB to select the items found, select "Delete" to delete them.
Delete Avira files in the registry
Next you need to clean up unnecessary program files on your computer:
- use the Windows operating system search utility to find the associated program files on the hard disk - open the explorer and enter the name of the utility in the upper left of the search window, then press Enter;
- Right-click on the folder and select “Copy” to make a backup copy of the files - this will protect the program from any incorrect changes during the deletion process. Paste files to another hard disk;
- Go back to the disk, and then right-click the folder, select the "Delete" option to completely remove the program files.
You can also use the Avira Registry Cleaner removal program to remove software. The program deletes all registry entries created by developer products that prepare your system for installing new versions or Avira products.
Uninstalling and reinstalling is sometimes the only way to solve the problem, but using the Add or Remove Programs service will not delete all the data associated with this program, since some registry entries cannot be deleted this way. Running Avira Registry Cleaner after the antivirus will delete all remaining entries in the registry, which will make the uninstallation complete. The registry often stores your program settings or license information, so deleting these files may result in resetting all settings and subsequent installation.
Avira Registry Cleaner does not need to be installed - it can instead be launched by double-clicking. Depending on your Windows security settings, you can choose "Run as administrator". Once launched, the application allows you to manually select any Avira product or all products at the same time. After selecting the programs to be removed, simply click the “Remove” button, and the utility will clean the computer and registry from obsolete and unnecessary entries.
After you encounter the problems described above, you can try using Total Uninstaller or Avira Registry Cleaner to get rid of a damaged antivirus. Thanks to a simple, professional and convenient program Avira Registry Cleaner, you can easily fix any problems with the removal of programs.