Probably, each user is faced with a situation where when you turn on the computer, you have to wait for the background programs and all applications opening together with the system to load. Inexpensive equipment can hang from a large number of simultaneous processes. To regulate them, there is a "Task Scheduler" in Windows (it is in both the 10th version and earlier). It allows:
- configure autorun of applications (for example, ICQ or other instant messengers, antivirus) or disable it;
- specify a convenient time for the execution of resource-intensive tasks (cleaning the disk, installing updates) so that they do not interfere with your work;
- remove from start irrelevant processes;
- specify which applications can be disabled to save battery power;
- set an alarm or send a letter.
Setting Task Scheduler in Windows.
Where is the "Task Scheduler"
Task Scheduler in Windows XP can be found in the Utilities section. In the eighth version, the utility was moved to the "Control Panel". In Windows 10, everything looks different: the software is located in the Computer Management section - in the same place as other administrative elements. In fact, the files of this application are stored on the system disk C (Windows - System 32 - Taskschd.msc), and from here they can also be run.
How to open the "Task Scheduler"
Now we will tell you how to run the Task Scheduler in various ways.
- In Windows XP and 7 follow the path: "Start" - "All Programs" - "Standard" - "System Tools".
- In Windows 10 - “Start” - “Administrative Tools”
- In Windows 8 through the "Start" to open the application will not work.
Open the task scheduler in Windows 10 and 8 as follows:
- Expand the search bar and write "Control Panel".
- Open the section and pay attention to the inscription "View" in the upper right. "Categories" need to be changed to "Large icons."
- Now we see the shortcut “Administration” - clicking on it will open a list of services, among which there will be a “Scheduler”.
In Windows 7 and XP, as we remember, it is in service programs.
The easiest way to find an application is to type its name in the Windows search bar. As soon as you start to write the phrase, the system will automatically find the software, and you can turn it on immediately.
- Press the Win + R combination.
- A "Run" window appears with an empty line where we write "taskschd.msc" (ignore quotes).
- We press "Inter" and wait until the application opens.
- Call the Run window again and enter cmd (without quotes)
- Press Enter and wait for the appearance of the "command line".
- We enter there "C: / Windows / System32/taskschd.msc" and click OK.
You can also specify a command by adding to it without spaces:
- / Create - to create a new task;
- / Delete - to remove the task;
- / Query - to view the created tasks;
- / Change - to adjust the task.
As mentioned above, the "Task Scheduler" can be run directly from the root folder, where all its files are stored. To do this, just follow the path: drive C - Windows - System 32 - Taskschd.msc and double-click it.
Disable Task Scheduler
Sometimes it happens that because of an incorrectly configured “Scheduler” there are some problems in the OS, if you haven’t found the reason, you can turn it off completely (this function is not supported by some Windows builds).
- Find the “This Computer” shortcut. If it is not in Desktop, click "Explorer" (the icon is in the form of a yellow folder), and you will see it in the list on the left.
- Click the auxiliary mouse button (it is on the right) and select “Management” - “Task Scheduler” - “Action” - “Properties”.
- The table shows that the application is currently functioning. Click "Stop" and specify the type of startup - "Disabled". Thus, the next time you turn on the computer, this service will not work.
Before you disable Windows 7 Task Scheduler, please note that in this version, the correct operation of the system depends on this application. The only thing you can do in this case: remove some tasks so that the application does not perform them.
- Open "Control Panel" - "Administration" - "Task Scheduler" - "Library".
- On the left you will see thematic folders - opening each one, you can select a specific task, the execution of which is easy to cancel by clicking on it with the auxiliary mouse button and pressing the corresponding button.