In Windows 8 and 10, an innovation has appeared - when a license expires, a notification appears, closing other windows. It should be removed if it appears again after a few minutes and interferes with work. Next we look at how to get rid of this window and activate Windows again.
Windows license activation.
How to find out Windows version and license expiration date
The message that your license for Windows is about to expire soon may appear by itself due to system failures, so you need to check if it is true before you do something.
- Type in the word "execute" in the "Search" and click "Inter".
- Click on the program name with an additional button, select Run As Administrator.
- In the field enter: winver.exe.
You will see a window where the OS version and the license validity period will be indicated. Look not only at the date, but also at the presence of the postscript “Insider Preview” - if it is not there, you can simply update the system for free and the error will disappear.
Causes of license expiration
If you installed a legitimate system, it will always be active, even if you upgraded Windows 8 to 10: in this case, the notice “Your license will expire” should not appear. Some users, after buying a PC with an already installed Windows, after some time, are surprised to find such a message, although, as it seemed to them, they had already paid for the legal product. Before purchasing, it is necessary to clarify this point or take a “clean” computer, and then separately buy and install Windows. Reasons for license expiration:
- "Pirate" version of the OS, which Microsoft experts discovered when you registered an account.
- The trial version for a month comes to an end, and the developers are reminded of the need to purchase.
- The trial version was previously extended by the hacker program (usually this measure helps for 1-3 months, and then the notification appears again).
- You have Windows for business, for the use of which regular fees are charged.
As already mentioned, with a current license, a message may appear about its imminent deactivation - this happens as a result of a system failure. To eliminate it, it is enough to check the OS for errors. To do this, open the “Command Prompt” as administrator and type in it: sfc / scannow. When the operation is complete, restart the PC.
Whatever the reason for the appearance of the window “windows license expires”, it is very difficult to work with and something needs to be done with it. There are several ways to solve the problem completely, or just get rid of the notification. In the latter case, the system will function, as before, nothing will happen to it.
The obvious solution for those who care about a quality product. In this case, you will have to pay about 3 thousand rubles, but this is a one-time fee.
How to renew a license:
- You need to go to the Microsoft website, select the desired version of Windows and add it to the "Trash."
- Then open the "Cart" and click "Checkout".
- Sign in to your Microsoft account, fill out a form and pay a license bill.
- You will be provided with an activation key and instructions on how to enter it.
Carefully read the product usage rules: for how many PCs is it intended and are there any additional requirements. If they are not completed, the license may be revoked.
Through the "Command Line"
Using the "Command Line", you can remove the annoying notification from Windows 8-10.
- Click on the key with the Microsoft logo and at the same time R.
- In the field type "cmd" and press Enter.
- Next, you need to set the “slmgr –rearm” command to wait for its execution.
- Now call the “Run” window again, as described in the first paragraph, and enter: “services.msc”.
- In the list that appears, you need to find the Windows License Manager and Update Center and disable them by double clicking and selecting the appropriate option.
How else can I remove the notification:
- Download program KMSAuto. It is free and does not weigh much.
- Unpack the distribution, install it and run the application.
- Click the System tab and click the Activate Windows button.
- Wait for the program to process the operation and a message appears about its successful completion.
- You may notice that even before the system is rebooted, the text in the lower right corner disappears, similar to the pop-up notification message “The license expires”.
The same application can activate Office. Such a “license” will not be legal and will lose its effect in 1-3 months, but the procedure can be repeated as much as you like.
If you have Windows 8, then disable the notification, and at the same time and get a temporary free license, you can upgrade to version 10. To do this you will need the application MCT - Media Creation Tool.
- Download the app from the official site.
- Launch it and select “Update Now”.
- While the distribution of the system is being downloaded, you can safely continue working with the PC.
- At the end of the procedure, you will be asked to accept the terms of the license agreement and select three installation options:
- with the preservation of your documents, programs, operating system settings, accounts and other things;
- with saving only documents, videos, photos, projects (you should choose if the system works with errors and you do not know how to fix them);
- without saving.
- Click "Install" and wait for the procedure to finish. It can be long, up to several hours, so do not run on laptops that work autonomously, without charging.
After the upgrade, the expiring license notification will disappear.