WSHelper.exe is software developed by Wondershare Software Co., Ltd. for Windows. The wshelper.exe file is used to interpret keystrokes, change the behavior of other applications, send information to the Internet, and monitor programs. Therefore, most often this file may be damaged and cause problems on your PC. In addition, the use of an outdated version of WSHelper.exe can slow down your computer and even lead to errors when performing certain operations.
How to uninstall the Wshelper.exe program.
What is wshelper.exe
The program Wondershare Helper Compact has the ability to record keyboard, mouse and Internet activity. Thus, it can be dangerous if hacked by malware or a virus. WSHelper.exe is not a required file for the Windows operating system, but users report that it causes problems that prevent the normal functioning of the OS. The executable file is usually found in versions of Windows 10/8/7 / XP. WSHelper.exe default location:
C: \ Program Files \ Common Files \ Wondershare \ Wondershare Helper Compact.
- Penetrates the PC without permission.
- Can generate all kinds of junk ads in browsers.
- May redirect to unsafe or fraudulent sites.
- Can read browser history and collect personal data without user consent.
- It can slow down your PC and even crash the system.
Usually its size is 1, 994, 750 or 2, 072, 930 bytes.
Causes of wshelper.exe Errors
Like many other executable files, malicious viruses can disguise themselves as WSHelper.exe and enter the PC through email, fake software downloads and network sharing. As soon as the virus enters the PC, it will begin to monitor your web activity and collect confidential information, including your passwords and even bank account information. It will also immediately disable all security processes, which may lead to the penetration of many other malicious programs and worms, including phishing, into your system. A virus-infected file can also cause the following problems:
- Software crash.
- Failure of disks.
- Bad applications.
- Data loss.
- Download errors.
Make sure you have a good antivirus or firewall that protects the system from malware and viruses.
How To Fix wshelper.exe ErrorsIMPORTANT. Before you begin, bookmark this page if you need to restart the system or close your web browser.
To ensure the security of your PC, before starting to remove wshelper.exe manually, make sure of the following:
- You have a lot of experience removing viruses and malware manually.
- Your skills in technical skills reach the level of an expert.
- You are very familiar with the Registry and are clearly aware of the serious consequences that may arise when an error occurs.
- You can undo incorrect operations during manual wshelper.exe removal.
If you do not meet the above conditions, manual removal can be very risky. In this case, it is better to rely on specialized software that automatically scans your PC for malware (including wshelper.exe) and helps you easily and safely remove it using the built-in professional security tools.
- Open a command window. To do this, click "Start" and select "Run" to launch the tool. Enter the command "cmd" and click "OK."
- After the command prompt window opens, you must specify the exact path to the location of the infected file. Type "cd" to change the current directory, press the spacebar, enter the file path and press Enter. To display the contents of a directory on the screen, use the “dir” command.
- After finding the directory from which you want to delete the file, enter "regsvr32 / u [DLL_NAME]" and press the "Enter" button.
- After the necessary dll files become unregistered, a confirmation message will appear on the screen.
Wshelper.exe Removal Instructions
If WSHelper.exe generates errors when performing any operations, check the location of the file. If it is located somewhere other than the default location, it is most likely a virus that can cause irreparable damage to your computer, and the first thing to do is to delete it.
- To delete the file, click "Start" and find "Control Panel".
- Click "Remove Programs and Features" and in the list of programs find Wondershare Studio.
- Click "Delete" and restart the computer.
- Check the folder and, if the document is still there, contact a specialist.
Always check that your system has the latest version of professional antivirus installed to check for such errors.
Manually delete infected files (only for advanced users)
First you need to completely terminate all the infected processes in the Windows Task Manager:
- Press CTRL + SHIFT + ESC to open the processes tab in Task Manager.
- Select a suspicious running process and click “End Process” to stop it.
Next, remove wshelper.exe and other malicious programs from the control panel:
- Simultaneously press Win + R to open the Run window.
- Type "control panel" and click OK.
- Select "Uninstall Programs."
- Find all the associated files and click Delete to remove them permanently.
Remove suspicious add-ons and browser extensions
- Click on the menu button and select Add-ons.
- In the Add-ons tab, select Extensions or Appearance.
- Find all suspicious extensions that you do not use.
- Click "Disable" or "Delete" and restart your computer.
- First you need to click on the Chrome menu on the browser toolbar and select Tools.
- Select an extension and click the recycle bin icon to completely remove the infected files.
- When the confirmation dialog box appears, click “Delete” to complete the process.
- Open Internet Explorer, click the settings button and select the add-ons management option.
- Select all suspicious add-ons and remove them completely.
- To do this, click "Delete" or "Disable" to complete the process.
Virus removal using third-party software
The above steps will help fix WSHelper.exe manually, but there is always a chance that you will not be able to detect it yourself. The process is time consuming and requires a lot of accuracy and experience. Therefore, it is always better to use a powerful anti-malware tool, especially for novice users. Regcure Pro will simultaneously perform a number of actions, such as cleaning the Windows registry, defragmenting a disk, deleting active malware, deleting cached data, managing startup files, deleting unnecessary documents, fixing errors, etc. It will also clear browser history and help you configure Windows for maximum performance. Modern software is compatible with all versions of Windows. Regcure Pro User Guide:
- Download Regcure Pro from the official developer site and run the installer. Follow the on-screen instructions to complete the installation.
- Here you can change the scanning process to suit your needs, such as general scanning, scheduled scanning, applications, etc.
- After completing the above step, Regcure Pro will start scanning the PC to find all infected documents.
- After the scan is completed, a window will appear with the “Repair All” button. Click the button to fix all PC errors.
Automatic wshelper.exe removal on Mac OS
In the case of Mac OS, the easiest and fastest way to remove and treat a virus is MacKeeper. This is a reliable and powerful Mac protection and optimization software that helps you keep your PC in order quickly and safely. Mackeeper is one of the best Mac OS security software designed to offer users maximum functionality and an intuitive interface. The software has already earned an excellent reputation among its users and continues to gain popularity. As an application 16 in 1 is the most advanced way to take care of your Mac.
To remove the wshelper.exe virus, follow these steps:
- Download and install MacKeeper from the official developer site.
- After installing MacKeeper, use the “Find and fix” feature to check the status of your Mac, remove viruses and fix all problems.
- If the “Find and fix” function does not solve all the problems, you can use the “Geek on Demand” function to have an Apple expert help you as a personal assistant. A certified Apple support specialist will provide solutions for any technical problem, be it a minor problem or a catastrophic failure.
Mackeeper is a package of 16 applications, so you get almost all the necessary tools for your Mac in one utility. Here are some powerful MacKeeper tools:
- Internet Security - Protect your Mac from fraud and phishing, malware or spyware, adware, viruses and identity theft when using the Internet.
- File recovery - deleting files does not necessarily mean their final destruction. Now you can recover documents even after they have been removed from the recycle bin.
- Search for files - search and quickly find lost or changed files, even without knowing where they should be.
- Disk usage - the size of folders on your hard disk allows you to immediately see which of them occupy the most space.
- Protection against theft - if the device is stolen, the iSight component will continue to detect and even take a picture of the thief.
After removing wshelper.exe
To avoid the return of wshelper.exe and prevent other virus attacks, follow simple rules when using a computer:
- You should always choose a custom installation no matter what software you intend to install.
- Uncheck the hidden options that try to install useless additional programs.
- Scan all downloaded email attachments before opening them.
- Never open attachments in spam or from unknown contacts.
- Do not visit sites containing adult content.
- Do not update the application from unofficial sites.
As you can see, you can manually delete WSHelper.exe from an infected computer, but this is usually not recommended for several reasons. This is a risky and time-consuming process, and, above all, the file is associated with a trojan that cunningly disguises its presence. With improper manual removal, there is a high probability of damage to the system. To ensure that all malicious files and records that are on the PC are deleted, can only regular system scans with the help of a reliable tool for protection against hacker attacks.