When the computer under Windows 10 starts to reboot cyclically, I want to beat my head against the wall. But you do not need to torture yourself, the main thing is to eliminate the cause of the malfunction and enjoy the quality of the operating system. Most often, such a malfunction occurs when a system threat error occurs - System thread messages are not handled. What are the reasons and how to deal with it.
Correction of the error “System thread exception not handled”.
If you literally translate System thread not handled from English, you get something like an unhandled system flow error. On the way of launching the operating system, a kind of obstacle arises, which the loader is unable to handle. Usually, an error occurs when the computer starts, but it is not uncommon when it interrupts its stable operation with partial or complete data loss. This kind of error appeared with the release of the Windows 8 operating system, since previous generations did not have this problem. It is caused by the following factors:
- Outdated BIOS or boot loader drivers.
- Incorrect installation
- Viral activity.
- Incorrect operation of the system driver.
But the author has another explanation for this error. The English word thread, in addition to the traditional reading of "thread", can be translated as "threat." Thus, a full-time Windows defender can prevent further destruction of the operating system by viruses. In all cases of error correction, unless otherwise specified, call the user settings with a combination of Win + X or right-click on the "Start" button.
If after the appearance of the error the system rebooted normally, start by checking the antivirus of the whole computer. You can download and relevant utilities like Dr. Web to improve results. Anti-Virus must have current signature databases. If you detect a virus or a Trojan horse, take measures to eliminate the threat and treat the computer in accordance with the recommendations and capabilities of the computer protector.
Update driver buggy device
- Select the device manager feature.
- Click on all categories one by one to search for a problem device.
- When you identify a device or service with a question icon, right-click on it and select the driver update function.
- Follow the onscreen instructions. Further look, whether the situation was corrected. If not, go to the update center and see the task status or restart the computer.
Updating the driver, write out just in case the model of the motherboard of your PC. This information is useful when searching for BIOS updates for it on the official website. There are not only updates, but also valuable tips for downloading and installing them. To know the model of the motherboard in the top ten is quite simple. You need to open a command prompt and enter the command wmic baseboard get manufacturer product. The system displays information on the manufacturer, model and in some cases the serial number. Nastroyvse decided to test the features of using this command. The basis was taken by a laptop under 64-bit Windows 10 1607. The result was as follows:
If the first option does not work, just enter the wmic baseboard. The manufacturer will be listed on the 6th line on the left side, and the model - on the 7th right of the edge of the screen. Also, the model of the motherboard can be found at system startup.
Integrity of system files and hard disk
Another reason - the possible violation of the integrity of system files and hard disk. We need a command line in the mode of the administrator of a computer or network. Next, you need to execute the commands SFC and CHKDSK.
- SFC is invoked by the sfc / scannow command. The mode will scan the system for damage to key system files. Upon completion, a reboot should follow.
- CHKDSK will check the disk for bad sectors. Before you start, you must close the current sessions of the browser and document editing. Then type chkdsk / f / r on the command line. After the scan is complete, you need to restart the computer and proceed to correct hard disk errors, if any.
If nothing helped
Phased implementation of all recommendations does not guarantee a positive result. If the measures taken did not help, only one step will help - a complete reinstallation of the system. It did not help - it means it's time to replace the computer with a new model.