Virtually every modern laptop is equipped with such a wireless connection as Bluetooth. But, as with any component hardware of a personal computer, Bluetooth may not work. This may be due to a large number of reasons. However, in most cases you can solve this problem yourself without calling the wizard. So why doesn't Bluetooth work on a laptop?
Top reasons why a connection might not work.
If you used the services of this wireless type of communication for some time (maybe even just once), and then suddenly it stopped working and no longer sees the device, it means that you have one of the following problems:
- Perhaps you just did not turn on Bluetooth with a special switch;
- The technology has been disabled by any failure and is not involved in the device manager;
- After resetting the laptop, reinstalling the system or some other operation that returns the device to the factory settings;
- Accidental removal of drivers or under the influence of a virus attack;
- Software or mechanical failures.
If you have roughly understood which of the above reasons suits you, then you can skip to the appropriate point in the troubleshooting. However, we strongly recommend starting from the very first, because you can hardly know for sure (unless of course you are a good expert. Then why do you need help from this article?). This will also help avoid other breakdowns in the system. Why so? Consider a small example.
Suppose you worked perfectly with Bluetooth on a laptop for quite a long time. But suddenly you had to reinstall the operating system on your computer. After a successful operation, you noticed that your favorite wireless technology has stopped working. And you will run for the help of the third item in the problem solving category. You reinstalled the driver, but the Bluetooth operation did not resume. And as it turned out, Windows itself found the driver after reinstallation and you just had to turn it on through the device manager. So you got a new headache that you absolutely do not need.
So, if approximately we entered the theme of everything that is happening, let's try to fix Bluetooth. First of all, make sure that your device has an internet connection. It will be needed if you have to reinstall the driver.
Ways to solve Bluetooth problems
After each step, immediately check the work. If the problem persists, proceed to the next solution when the Bluetooth is gone.
- First, check whether the switch is turned on on the laptop itself. On some models there is a special button, for others the technology is activated with a key combination. Also see if the indicator light is on to indicate that the wireless module is operating. Most often, red means that it does not work, and blue, respectively, that works. But it depends on the particular laptop model.
- If the switches do not work, then there is a problem with additional software for the operation of the shortcut keys. Their installation will be described below. If you can do it later, and now you urgently need Bluetooth, then we do the following. Go to the "Device Manager". To do this, click "Start" and enter these words in the search field. Having opened the necessary menu, we look for "Bluetooth radio modules". There you will find the name of your module. Click on it with the right mouse button and select "Engage".
- To reinstall the drivers, you will need the same work sequence as in the previous paragraph. Except for the last action. Press the right mouse button, select "Update drivers". Following the prompts on the monitor, you will download new drivers from Windows Update. If this does not help, then you will need to install the driver package yourself. How to do this read below.
- If you have viruses on your computer, be sure to clean it. Then restart the PC and check it again with an anti-virus system. Only then proceed to download the drivers. So, there are two options for manually installing the package: downloading from the Internet and installing using a disk. It happens that the driver disk is bundled with the device. You just need to insert it into the drive and follow the instructions on the display. If there is none, then refer to the official website of the laptop manufacturer. In the "Drivers" section, select your computer model and OS version. Then he will find the entire package as a driver for your device. You will need to download it for Bluetooth and install them.
- It happens that all switches are turned on and the PC shows that the wireless module is working normally. However, you still can not connect and Bluetooth does not see the device. First, check that the connected device (printer, smartphone, tablet) is in discovery mode. Secondly, you can try to restart the laptop. Sometimes this is enough.
Now you know what to do if Bluetooth is not working on a laptop or it does not see the device. And even if, after all the above operations, you could not configure the module to work, then contact a specialist for help. But in no case do not disassemble the laptop yourself. Enjoy your friends!