With the growing popularity of Apple products, and in particular the iPhone, the surge in demand for service centers serving these products has become completely logical. Every day, hundreds of users come to the phone service shops and complain that only one of the speakers works in iPhone. All of them are sure that their device has a marriage, and they feel, at least, deceived, because they have paid a considerable amount for the purchase of a new iPhone 5s. Let's see what the true causes of such problems are, and try to eliminate them without having to replace the entire device.
In most cases, the problem can be solved without buying a new gadget.
Why is the speaker not functioning?
First of all, it should be said that all iPhones, be it model 4, 4s, 5 or 5s, have only one speaker. You can find it on the bottom end side immediately behind the charger connector. It should be noted that there is another hole next to the charging input, which is a microphone. It is thanks to him that we hear our interlocutors during a telephone conversation.
As for malfunctions, the most common reason that causes the speaker on the iPhone 5s to become unusable is mechanical damage resulting from bumps or falls of the phone. This kind of breakdowns lead to costly repair of individual parts of the device, and in the most extreme cases - the replacement of the entire phone. It is not uncommon for people to unwittingly reduce the volume of the speakers to the very minimum.
The most common causes of breakdowns
Having noticed that the speaker on your iPhone does not work correctly or refuses to function at all, try such measures to restore its working capacity:
- If you listened to music through headphones and noticed that the device stopped making sound after you disconnected the accessory, try reconnecting it and then sharply pulling it out. If necessary, repeat the manipulation several times. Such violations in the operation of the tool may be related to the fact that the iPhone 5s still thinks that there are headphones in it. If after the done actions the speaker still does not work, then it will be necessary to replace the upper loop connected to the audio jack.
- If, after installing a third-party software, you began to notice that the loudspeaker is working poorly, simply remove the suspicious program. By clearing the memory of the iPhone 5s from applications that are incompatible with its software, you will return the settings to the previous state and fix the problem.
- There may be problems in the work of the speaker and due to dirt and dust getting inside the iPhone. To correct defects, simply clean the hole of the tool.
- If the speaker works, but does so silently, examine whether the sound-producing element is in order. If he does not cope with his task, most likely you will have to replace him. If the element is in good condition, check for dirt in the sound channel and clean it.
- If the device is working poorly, constantly wheezing and making extraneous noises, it means that the entire dynamics must be replaced, no other repair measures in this case will have the desired effect.
- There may be cases when problems with sound arise due to the fact that too much moisture gets into the device. And this does not mean at all that the phone has fallen into the water, and a simple accumulation of condensate is enough due to the stay of the iPhone 5s in a place with high humidity. In this case, you must thoroughly dry the phone and, if it does not solve the problem, to replace the damaged parts.
In case you are unable to independently determine and eliminate the malfunction of the speaker, entrust this matter to professionals in the service center. As a temporary measure, you can easily use the headphones, which will allow you not only to enjoy your favorite music, but also to make calls. Such a life hack will not help you out only when using an alarm clock. If you do not want to get into an awkward situation and oversleep at a responsible event, having noticed problems with your iPhone, hurry to the nearest Apple service center.