Every Windows user sooner or later faces malware that complicates the stable operation of a PC. Many of them are viral in nature and are aimed at displaying unwanted advertisements in browsers. Such a program is the Maskit. Her suspicious activity puts the system at risk, destroying browsing sessions. In addition, the Maskit adversely affects the performance of the computer and overloads the CPU on an ongoing basis. To keep this utility on a computer is fraught with unpleasant consequences. We will tell you how to get rid of it.
Methods for uninstalling Maskit.
What is Maskit?
Before proceeding with the removal, consider what this program is - Maskit. Maskit v22.214.171.124 - a dangerous virus application that adversely affects the user's actions on the Internet. It is a supplier of unnecessary hype, changing the settings of the browser, providing a lot of advertising banners and adding side links to the text. An additional malicious function of the program is the interception of such personal data as logins and account passwords. The virus gets into the system in several ways. Most often, the infected exe-file is attached to the file downloaded from untested sites or torrents and automatically installed on the PC.IMPORTANT. The plug-in for work in Adobe Acrobat has the same name and is intended for formatting a document. Do not confuse them.
The mask covers all popular browsers: Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, Microsoft Edge, etc. The application can be easily and quickly removed, but you should not forget about a full scan of your computer for other viruses.
How to remove Maskit
Uninstalling Maskit implies a whole complex of actions, as the utility includes a set of background files and programs. The algorithm of action is as follows:
- We remove all the latest installed programs using the standard program removal mode. Additionally, clear the download folder.
- In the "Start" menu, select "Run." In the command line that opens, we write "% TEMP%". Clean this folder from all content.
- Next, we need programs to remove the PUP infection. We recommend AdwCleaner or Malwarebytes. Also fit Trojan Remover. It is better to install several options and use them in turn. After installation, select the “Scan” mode and click “Clear” when done.
- The next step is to check for residual files in the registry. The CCleaner program is best suited. In it, select the "Cleaning" mode and correct the entries in the "Registry" section.
- Just in case, reset the browser settings and change account passwords for security purposes.
How to protect your computer from infection of maskitservice.exe in the future
As you know, the problem is easier to prevent than to solve. By performing a series of simple steps, you can save your computer from malware:
- Avoid advertisements. Try not to click on pop-up advertising banners, as they can redirect to potentially dangerous pages.
- Clear email spam. Often spam messages can contain infected files or attachments with potentially dangerous links.
- Visit only trusted sites. Many web pages are malicious in themselves.
- Be careful when downloading and installing software. Download files only from trusted sources.
- Use antivirus software. Regular scanning and cleaning the computer will help to maintain the system for a long time. Many antiviruses have the function of regular scanning. You can configure the program to conduct a full scan once a week, and it will inform you about the presence of viruses.
By following these instructions, you can get rid of many problems, including the Maskit virus as well. If something did not work out for you and you have questions, ask them in the comments, we will try to help!