Error MSVCR100.dll appears when installing applications or Windows itself. If you try to repeat the boot procedure or restart the OS, it will not disappear. The problem is critical: it not only indicates the loss of some functions, but in general makes it impossible to use a new system or program. What it is and how you can fix it, you will learn further.
Troubleshoot MSVCR100.dll error.
Msvcr100.dll what error
When unpacking a distribution package of a program or OS, a window appears with an error called “MSVCR100.dll” and with an addition “The program can't start” or without it. This suggests that important API files have been lost describing the ways in which one program can interact with another. This is what happens when the application you are installing requires downloading additional DirectX, PsyX or Visual C ++ libraries. In the case of the OS, it is assumed that they are built into the ISO, and in fact the developers have forgotten to add them. As a result, the launch of the program is not possible because one of the library components, MSVCR100.dll, is missing on the computer.
How to fix msvcr100.dll error
With the absence of MSVCR100.dll, the opportunity to use the program is lost, but we will tell you how to fix it. It is enough just to download the missing component and implement it in “Windows”. For these purposes, you should not use questionable sites, otherwise, in addition to an error with already known code, you can provoke a lot of others by installing a virus file, and again you will not be able to continue the installation. To correct the situation with the missing component, it is better to visit the Microsoft website and download it from there.
Where to download MSVCR100.dll for Windows
- Go to the Microsoft website.
- Click on the logo to open the main page.
- At the top right you will see “Search” - enter either the missing file name or “Visual C ++” into it. You will be offered to download the entire library.
- Carefully read the dll information: for which versions of Windows it is suitable, although usually compatible with 7 and XP.
- Choose a language convenient for you (there is Russian) and click Download.
If you already have a library, but for some reason the necessary dll is missing in it, you must first delete it.
- Open “Start” - “Control Panel” - “Add or Remove Programs”
- Find Visual C ++ in the list and click "Delete."
Copy the missing file to Windows and register
Also, if the system gives an error, you can download the dll separately, without loading the entire library, but Microsoft does not provide such an opportunity - you will have to look for another source that is trustworthy. Now step by step how to install and where to throw the downloaded file:
- Unzip the archive if it is archived.
- You will need the element that corresponds to the capacity of the system: as a rule, on stationary PCs - 32 bit, and on laptops 64 bit.
- Copy suitable.
- Further, if you have a desktop computer, then open "Computer" - "Disk C" (or with a different name, the main thing is the system one) - Windows - System32 and press Ctrl + V.
- If you have a laptop, then open "Computer" - "Disk C" - Windows - SysWOW64, and then press Ctrl + V.
Now the file needs to be integrated into the system. For this:
- Click "Start", open the collection of utility programs and find the Command Line there.
- Click on the name with the additional button of the manipulator and select Run As Administrator so that your request is not rejected for lack of rights.
- For a stationary PC, type in the black field: egsvr32 C: \ windows \ system32 \ msvcr100.dll.
- For a laptop - regsvr32 C: \ windows \ SysWOW64 \ msvcr100.dll.
- Click "Inter".
Other possible solutions
If you do not want to remove and reload libraries, download files and perform other manipulations, and are sure that the error is caused by a system failure, then you can use another effective method and find the missing file. What can be done:
- Open Command Line again and run it through Run As Administrator, as described in the previous step.
- Type in sfc / scannow and press Enter.
The system will detect errors, return the missing files and re-establish communication with them. This can last for a long time: depending on the speed of your PC and the number of accumulated problems. Sometimes the percent processing counter fades on a single digit — no need to worry, this is normal. After the procedure is completed, you need to restart the OS and try again to install the program. You can also try to regenerate the state of the OS, in which there were no problems with the libraries. Open "Start" - "Control Panel" - "System" - "Restore the previous state of the PC" and select the appropriate date. When the OS manipulations end, try again how the installation is going.