Everyone, without exception, is familiar with the situation when, when trying to open a network resource (website), an error appears in place of the desired interface, indicating that the page was not found. At the same time, the problem site or any of its specific pages could only be accessed a moment ago. Such problems always cause an abundance of additional questions, since it is not always immediately clear the reason for this question, because everything worked before, and worked properly. In most cases, this situation, in which the browser in one way or another refers to the absence of the requested resource, is accompanied by a text message in the form “Technical information of the dnserror error”. And about what are the reasons for the emergence of "dnserror", and most importantly, how to fix it, and will be discussed in this article.
Fix dnserror error.
So, as can be seen from the very name of “dnserror” (that is, this name should be divided into DNS and Error), the difficulties in one way or another are related to the DNS server’s settings. DNS is a domain name system, and if the definition is as simple as possible, then it is a database or such a kind of directory of IP addresses and domain names. The essence of the work of this "directory" is quite simple actions, namely:
- The user enters into the address bar of the browser URL of a site, for example, "google.com".
- The DNS server verifies the entered domain name and verifies it with the IP address in the database.
- After checking the correlation and confirming the correctness of the user and redirected to the page of the desired site.
This functionality is extremely necessary, since no one enters an IP address to open a particular network resource, but enters its URL, which is more convenient both in terms of remembering and in terms of advertising the service. Accordingly, if at some stage of the verification an error occurs, then the network resource simply does not open, and the error considered in this article manifests itself. These difficulties with comparison can be characterized by different situations, for example:
- Unauthorized changes have been made to the used DNS server settings, or these changes made by the user are incorrect.
- The operating system has been affected by viral software.
It is also noted in practice that most often “dnserror” manifests itself on computers that for a long time work “without interruption” with an abundance of Internet resources, cluttering up the cache.
Taking into account the reasons described above, you should proceed to correct the existing problem as follows:
- Restart the computer and, if possible, the router. No matter what anyone says, but restarting the operating system is a very effective way of resolving most errors or at least minimizing their negative impact.
- Try a different browser.
- Check your computer with high-quality antivirus software and if there is no virus software in the system, temporarily turn off all existing firewalls (antivirus, firewall and firewalls).
- Check the settings used "DNS", and for this:
- Click on the network connection icon in the tray and open the "Network and Sharing Center".
- In the left part of the window that opens, click on the section "Changing adapter settings".
- Among the available adapters, select the active one, and right-click it to open its "Properties".
- Scroll through the list of marked components and find the line "IP version 4 (TCP / IPv4)".
- Further actions depend on what you have indicated in this section:
- "Addresses are registered manually", then transfer the receipt of the DNS server address into automatic mode by checking the corresponding checkbox.
- “Automatic receiving is set”, then try to register the addresses of any two open / public DNS servers, for example:
- Google (220.127.116.11 and 18.104.22.168)
- Yandex (22.214.171.124 and 126.96.36.199)
- Clear the previously mentioned cache. To do this, press the key combination "WIN + R" and execute the command "IPconfig / flushdns".
- Disable everything that traffic can take for its needs, and thereby overload the active network.
Also, it should not be forgotten that at present the state policy of the supervisory authorities in this area has been significantly tightened. For example, everyone remembers the futile attempts of Roskomnadzor to block the Telegram messenger and what these attempts ultimately led to. With the partial commissioning of the infamous “package of Spring, ” the situation has not changed for the better, as there are still attempts by the state. structures for blocking many, and sometimes quite well-known, network resources. This is done as simply as possible. The site is entered in the registry of prohibited, the Internet service providers are required to track this registry (whether they want it or not), and then they put the “illegal URL” on the black list, thereby closing access to it for their clients.
This situation may be related to the error in question. Therefore, if none of the above has helped you, then you should contact your provider and clarify:
- Is technical / preventive work currently underway?
- Is everything alright on your line.
- Whether the site is blocked at the initiative of the provider or government agencies.
In addition, the provider has its own DNS servers, whose addresses can also be used in the above settings.
And the last thing that needs to be noted is the growing popularity of VPN services, which make it possible to avoid the consequences of website blocking by providers and Roskomnadzor. Under certain circumstances, in the error considered in this article, this may be the only possible option for gaining coveted access.