Computing in this rapidly developing society has become an integral part of life and work. It is used in all areas, such as business, administration, education, entertainment, and even in recording personal income and expenses. Therefore, people become more dependent on the physical, as well as on the virtual calculator (that is, on the phone and computer). How to enable the calculator in different versions of the OS - read on.
How to open the application on 7
Each PC and laptop contains built-in software, so you do not need to do calculations manually. It is not easy to find in Windows 7, and if you have trouble finding a search, you are in the right place. Below is a guide to opening such an assistant in the seven.
Through the Start menu
- Click "Start" in the lower left corner of the screen (taskbar).
- Enter “calc” in the search field below.
- Open the program.
Opening the calculator via Start in Windows 7
Through local disk
- Open local disk C.
- Open the Windows folder.
- Open the “System 32” folder.
- Open the “calc” file. Now you can use the program.
Opening a calculator through a local disk in Windows 7
If you often use the calculator on a computer with Windows 7, you can create a shortcut for it by right-clicking on the file and selecting the "Create Shortcut" option. This will create a shortcut for your desktop. This will open a dialog box confirming that the system will create a shortcut on the desktop. Choose "Yes" and everything is ready.
How to access in 8 / 8.1
How to find a calculator in Windows 8? As for software on a computer with OS 8 / 8.1, some people have no idea where it is located, which sometimes leads to great inconvenience. Below are three methods of accessing the utility on a computer running OS version 8 / 8.1.
Access from the application interface
- On the Start screen, right-click the icon or any empty area, and then select All Applications.
- After entering the menu screen, find the desired program in Accessories and with one click access to it.
Choose from search results
- Simultaneously press the Win key and the F key to turn on the search bar, enter “calculator” in the empty field and select “Applications”.
- When the search results appear on the left, click "Calculator" to open it.
Access from the Start menu, manually added to the taskbar
- Manually add the Start menu to your taskbar.
On a computer with OS version 7, you can access directly from the Start menu, but on a computer with Windows 8 / 8.1 there is no such menu. However, you can add a button to the taskbar on the desktop yourself.
- After the Start menu has been added to the taskbar, click the right arrow next to the button and go to “Programs - Accessories - Calculator”.
Where is the calculator in Windows 10?
Where is the calculator in Windows 10? System version 10 uses a new utility. If you want to change it by default, because you prefer to work with the old classic look, you have several solutions.
- Install Calculator Plus from microsoft.com to Windows
After installation, run the Calculators Plus program via Start or open the folder: C: \ Program Files (x86) \ Microsoft Calculator Plus
- Add exe.
You can also copy the old calc.exe file from old 8.1, 7, XP systems to 10 (use the x32 version).
Path: C: \ Windows \ System32 \ calc.exe or% windir% \ System32 \ calc.exe
- Find and use the pre-installed default application in OS 10.
You can also use the call of the installed calculator on your computer running Windows 10, since the new one looks a bit different. To return the utility, specify the path:
C: \ Windows \ System32 \ calc.exe
Where is the calculator in Windows 10? You can use this program to perform simple calculations, such as addition, subtraction, multiplication and division. It also offers advanced programming, scientific and statistical analysis, etc.
You can perform calculations by clicking on the buttons of the program, or enter calculations using the keyboard — use the numeric keypad to enter numbers and operators by pressing Num Lock.
The history of calculations keeps track of all the calculations that the program performs and is available in standard and scientific modes. You can change the values in the calculations in your history. While you are editing the calculation history, the result area displays the total of the selected cost estimate.