Yandex.Drive is a rapidly developing car rental service (or car sharing, if you use a borrowed term). The developers hope that the project will be as successful as Yandex.Taxi, but so far it has won only Moscow and the Moscow region. The service allows you to find a car and conclude a lease directly through the mobile application.
Using the service Yandex. Drive.
Features of the service
Remember that Yandex Drive works only on smartphones and tablets with Android or iOS, as people who have only a PC will use this service, the developers have not thought up. Also, under the terms of the contract, the tenant must be at least 21 years old, and the driving experience must be at least 2 years. Of course, you need to have rights that are not subject to sanctions for all sorts of violations.
How car sharing works
Carsharing differs from ordinary rolled products in that:
- this is a short term rental;
- you do not depend on the mode of operation of the service provider's offices;
- car can be found at any time of the day;
- Payment is made only during the actual use of the machine.
The application opens a map in front of you where free cars are shown near you - you can choose any, immediately draw up an agreement and go on a trip.
The service operates within the capital and the region, which includes:
- territory within the Moscow Ring Road;
- Vnukovo and Sheremetyevo airports;
- North and South Butovo.
The mileage limit is not set. The company has repeatedly stated that it plans to expand the work area in all major cities of Russia, but it is unknown when exactly.
By the autumn of 2018, the Yandex.Drive car park had expanded significantly and had grown to almost 4, 500 cars. Available brands such as:
- Kia Rio;
Expensive models are not available for everyday trips, the terms of their rent are discussed separately. All cars meet modern requirements of comfort and safety. “Yandex.Drive” is written as identification marks on them in large letters.
The cost of rent is from 5 rubles per minute. At night, when the destination can be reached without delays and traffic jams, the price rises to 8 rubles. You can find out about the payment directly in the application itself, when you have already indicated which car you will drive, when and where. The pricing policy of the company fits into several theses:
- Preservation of the agreed cost. If the contract was concluded at 5 p / min, therefore, even with an increase in the tariff, you will pay exactly this amount.
- If the car is worth it, you report it and pay for the idle time significantly less (about 1.5 - 3.5 p / min, and from 23.30 to 05.30 - for free).
- Brand and condition of the car also affect the rental price.
- No penalties for returning the car without fuel.
Promotions and special offers
At the moment, anyone who subscribes to Yandex.Plus (this is a single account for all Yandex services) will receive a 5% discount on the trip and an additional 5 minutes to reach the car. If you participated in the accumulative bonus program, which operated in February-April 2018, you can find out in the support service how to spend points.
Work with mobile applications
The Yandex.Drive application can be downloaded for free on Google Play and the AppStore. It is quite easy to use, you only need an internet connection.
Installation and Registration
After installation, an input field will appear where you need to enter a mobile phone number, an access code (will come in the form of an SMS message) and an email address. Then a dialog opens in which the bot will send you a user agreement and ask you to agree to its terms. Next, you need to turn on the camera and show the rights (there may be problems if the phone is budget and the camera is of poor quality). If everything is in order, you will open access to the service. The main menu displays travel histories, scores, accrued bonuses, and also offers to customize the application to your liking. If you swipe the menu to the left, a map opens where the labels indicate the cars in the vicinity. Click on any label and see what the car is, how tightly the tank is filled and under what conditions you can rent it. Now select the fare type: Drive base and Drive Fix. The first option is per-minute payment, and the second is a fixed payment, which will be calculated based on the conditions of the upcoming journey. Do not forget to enter in the application data of a bank card. Data payment systems, unfortunately, are not accepted.
When you choose a car, it must be inspected. Pay attention to the condition of the cabin, scratches, dirt, etc., take a few photos and put your assessment in the app. Take this seriously in order to avoid further controversy about whether there was a scratch on the hood or you left it. If you are satisfied, press the button confirming the reception of the machine. Keys and documents are inside. The folder with documents should also be examined and confirmed that everything necessary is available: the JTS, fuel card and insurance. On the way to the car and its inspection you are given about 20 minutes of unpaid time, the specific figure depends on the distance between you and the car.
Cars are insured under CASCO and OSAGO programs (by the way, the cost of rent also depends on the type of insurance). If you become the culprit of an accident, then pay no more than 30 thousand rubles. Your life and health are insured for 1.4 million / rubles, as well as the life of passengers who will travel with you.
Comparison with competitors
When Yandex discovered a new line of business for itself and started carsharing, there were already several competitive firms on the Moscow market. Many stressed that this service is not in such demand as we would like, because people prefer to rent a car rather for country or distant trips than for traveling around the city. Nevertheless, the service paid off, and within a few months, Yandex became the owner of the largest rolling stock of rolling machines (from 700 to 4500). This forced smaller agencies to unite into one, and large ones - to reconsider the quality of customer service.
Similar metropolitan car sharing service. Their fleet includes about 1, 000 cars. The company offers daily car rentals in Moscow, and premium rentals in Sochi (ride along the embankment or go to the mountains). Here is a list of their tariffs and services for comparison:
- average rental price - 8 p / min;
- price in standby mode - 2 p / min;
- time to get to the car and inspect it - 20 minutes;
- payment of fuel, car washes and parking places at the expense of the company;
- Standby at night - free from 00.00 to 6.00;
- insurance - CASCO;
- the maximum amount of damage payment in the event of an accident is the client’s fault - 30 000 r.
Karsheringovaya company that operates not only in Moscow, but also in Ufa, Grozny, St. Petersburg, Yekaterinburg, Nizhny Novgorod, Krasnoyarsk, Samara, Krasnodar. In total, the fleet consists of 3, 000 cars. Tariffs and services:
- car rental - from 7 to 8 r / min, as well as a special morning fare - 3 r / min;
- There is a daily rate - 1999 p. and higher;
- price in standby mode - 2.5 p / min;
- time for inspection of cars - 20 minutes;
- refueling, washing, parking - at the expense of the company;
- waiting at night - free from 00.00 to 05.59;
- insurance - CASCO;
- The maximum amount of compensation for damage if the client is to blame for the accident is 25, 000 rubles (this does not apply to people driving a car while intoxicated or under the influence of drugs, as well as hitting a person and hiding from the scene).